New Hampshire

August casual country wedding

Ok. So we are doing a casual country wedding theme. I am looking to get some ideas on where to get decorations and linens.

Where can I rent Chairs and tables at a decent cost?
Where is the best place to get country flowers?
Where can I buy in bulk for a BBQ reception?
I'm trying to get mason jars and red and white checkered table cloths(plastic or fabric)

I am so lost in this whole thing. I have until next August to get everything completely done. I want to be done way before then with at least the planning part not getting everything but I do not want to be one of the ones that last min get everything together.

Thanks everyone Smile

Re: August casual country wedding

• edited December 2011
    Where can I rent Chairs and tables at a decent cost?
    Honestly, I would just google it and then get quotes from a couple of different companies.

Where can I buy in bulk for a BBQ reception?
    I would try a Costco, BJ's or Sam's Club.  Those places require memberships, but usually you can pay to get a day pass (cheaper than a membership!).

I'm trying to get mason jars and red and white checkered table cloths(plastic or fabric)
    As for the table clothes, why not just go to Jo Ann's fabrics and buy a bolt of fabric in the pattern you want.  Then just cut it to fit your tables.  I think having the "rough" edges would be ok, given your theme.

HTH!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Good call cg-pm  I like the idea of patterned and she could even fray them a little.
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would just add to the Previous Posts that you can get Mason Jars at Wal mart and if you sign up for Johanne's email list you can get their 40 or 50% off coupons. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • krlassenkrlassen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks i never even gave the crafts store a thought. thanks
  • edited December 2011
    We made our own table runners for our reception with my accent fabric (B&W damask), I bought it from an online fabric store. It was so long ago I can't remember the name, but my particular fabric was like $5.99/yard. We are renting tables, chairs and a few other things from Exeter Rent-all. Their prices are about average for a wedding. As far as buying in bulk for a BBQ reception, check out BJs. Another idea, check out local caterers to see what they will charge. Sometimes it's worth the extra dollars for someone else to clean up and prepare! One less headache to worry about as other planning details and odds and ends start to pile up and come together. My aunt hired a caterer for her BBQ reception and I think it was like $25 pp, incredibly reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what town you're in, but In Nashua and Manchester, they have a place called Taylor Rental, (D.W. Hwy in Nashua).  You can rent tents, tables, chairs, and lots of other stuff there for weddings.  We used them last year to host a 25th Anniversary Party (outdoors), and it worked out great.  They have a website..you can google it.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards