Attire & Accessories Forum

Knock Off dresses??

Has anyone purchased a knock off wedding dress?  I looked at an Allure dress this weekend that I loved, but I refuse to pay $2000 for my wedding dress.  I have found some websites that sell knock offs but I am hesitant on their quality.  If anyone has experience in this area, please share your story.  I would love to use Coral's Bridal because it would cut the cost by over $1000.  HELP!!!

Re: Knock Off dresses??

• There are many many many many horror stories from ladies who have bought knockoffs. They range anywhere from "never showed up and company disappeared so I never got my money back" to "it came but the material is horrible, looks like somebody walked on it with muddy boots and it's not even completely put together". On top of that these chinese knock off sites usually use child labor and are also involved in illegal activites, drug trafficking etc. The general consensus is that it's a bad idea.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs, stay away from knock off dresses.  You can purchase real designer gowns for a discounted price from real stores like Pearl's Place ( http://www.pearlsplace.com/).  My other suggestion would be to search used wedding dress sites.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Try Pearls Place as previous poster suggested.  Also, look for the gown on the used sites (recycledbride.com; oncewed.com)

Don't buy a knockoff unless you have plenty of money and time.  If you buy a knockoff, you should plan on having to buy another dress.  If somehow, magically, the dress you get is wearable, then great. Lucky you.  But, chances are, it will not look or feel even remotely the same as the original gown you looked at/tried on.  

• i bought a knock off reception dress (because i didnt want to spend a huge amount since the wedding dress was a fortune) and it actually turned out almost just like the picture except for the changes i requested. But i would never get the actuall wedding dress as a knockoff
  • I wouldn't chance it. I have never heard a story invovlving a knock-off that ended happily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards