Attire & Accessories Forum

When to buy the dress!

I have dropped from a size 18 to a 14 in the last 3 months. I am getting married in April. I don't want to buy a dress to soon but I don't want to wait to late. I am hoping to be a size 10 for the wedding.  Do wedding gowns run true to size? HELP!

Re: When to buy the dress!

• Buy now. I had a terrible time getting my dress in the 5 months that I ordered it. It finally showed up 2 weeks from the wedding with little time for alteration. The dresses do not run true to your street size - you need to go by the designers measurements.  I dropped 25 lbs in my time and could still alter it to fit correctly. Generally you can alter down about 2 sizes depending on the design without too much trouble.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Do order soon! My dress took almost 7 months to come in, so don't wait too much longer, or you may have to pay for a rush delivery, which won't be cheap.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Definitely order the dress now. I ordered mine this past Saturday and they told me it would be in the store in April. Ask the store how much they can alter the dress. Depending on the design, some dresses can be altered a few sizes smaller. If you're absolutely sure you will lost more, you could order it one size smaller. Whatever you decide, buy it now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards