New Hampshire
Options

Dance Lessons – Can you teach someone to Dance?

I am getting married on Sat. Oct. 16th 2010. I live in Farmington NH.

I need someone who can give dance lessons. Me and my Fiancé need lessons. We need the basic Waltz and maybe the Tango. I would love to do a choreographed dance, either smooth and elegant or spicy, or maybe a little bit of both. But in the end I will settle for the plain Waltz. I can’t afford $60 or more per person per lesson/hour (which is what I have come across). Maybe $60 for me and my Fiancé or maybe a little more per lesson if the lessons are detailed and compacted. We are both a little over weight so moving smooth is important to both of us. I need someone who can look at what we can and can’t do and figure out a good dance for us. My guy probably will catch on faster than I will, but he can always teach me. The location does not have to be at a studio, it can be at the instructor’s home, or even our home, just have to make some room, or even at a park during the summer. You don’t even need to be a real dance teacher, maybe some who just knows that they are doing and can explain it to someone who doesn’t.

Any suggestions or names?

Re: Dance Lessons – Can you teach someone to Dance?

• Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a couple of quick searches and came up with

http://www.northeastdancing.com/ (Rochester)

http://www.dancebecause.com/ (Manchester)

I know nothing about them, but it seemed to be in your price range. 

Good Luck
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    ljparentljparent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Amanda at Dance Because and she was fantastic!!! I could not give her enough praise. She is really good at reading people and adjusting to their learning style. Her prices are also good - you'll have a blast! Laughing
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked lessons with Amanda from Dance Because and she has been super helpful so far and we can't wait til our lesson in a few weeks.  It was definitely less than the prices you quoted.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

another thumbs up for Amanda from Dance Because! we have our first lesson on Feb 3 (along with DLS and her FI)... and her group rates were particularly affordbale :)

Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards