Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

First post----help me choose my dress

So….I’m the most indecisive person EVER. And I need some major help. My wedding is May25th 2012. Which means I should have ordered my dress like yeaterday. Lol. I live in a small town. So of course no one around me has any of the dresses in stock that I like, so I haven’t been able to try them on. But I have narrowed it down to my top 3. And I have tried on every type of dress and I know that these types will look good on me. So here they are:

http://www.inweddingdress.com/style-bc130.html

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dalia-macphee-strapless-taffeta-mermaid-gown/3107489?origin=category&resultback=2346

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/eliza-j-dress-strapless-beaded-sweetheart-neck-a-line-gown?ID=609151

Re: First post----help me choose my dress

• Options
    I lovee the nordstrom one! And the one from Macy's is pretty too. Can't beat those prices either!
  • Options
    I like the Nordstrom and Macys dresses. I believe that they have pretty nice return policies aswell (especially Nordstrom) so if you buy it and don't like it, it probably wont be a problem.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    I would say that it depends on how formal or relaxed your wedding is going to be.  I like the second one because I think it could be dressed down or up depending on the vibe of your wedding :)
  • Options
    I like the Nordsrtom and Macy's dresses too.  I think the Macy's one could easily be dressed up or down.  Since the total for those two is $500, would it be possible for you to purchase both dreses, and determine which one you like better in person?
  • Options
    I like the first dress the best but like Milkduds said it's a knockoff site, so I vote for the Nordstroms dress instead.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We have the same wedding date!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like the third one.  The first one seems too flimsy - like it would show too much, if that makes sense. 
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  I like the Macy's dress best, but the Nordy's one is beautiful too.  Nordstroms does have a very liberal return policy as well, which is nice.  :)

The first one could be pretty for a beach wedding,  but like Milk Duds says, since it's from a knock off site, don't do it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I definitely like the Nordstrom dress the best :)
  • Options
    Macy's dress!  Not a big fan of the other two.

• Options

The Nordstrom dress, hands down.

I like how different the first one is, but I don't like that it's a knock-off site.

Personally I think the third one is too generic. You could get that dress a million different places. The second dress is adorable!

• Options
    oh, Thanks for all you ladies!!! :D)
  • Options
    I like the Macy's dress.  I just don't find the second dress very flattering, it's too straight for my taste.  I would listen to MilkDuds and not even get near that first site though.
  • Options
    i LOVE the second one :)
  • Options
    I LOVE the Macy's Dress the best. I'm not a fan other other two.
  • Options
    love the 3rd one!
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the one from Macy's, but I'm a little more traditional.  I love how simple it is.  Simple, but very elegant.  Good Luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers image Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • Options
    LOVE the nordstrom's dress!!
  • Options
    I love the Macy's dress! It is so beautiful and classic. The Nordstrom dress strikes me as very trendy.
  • Options
    I like the first one a lot, but as everyone said that website could be sketchy.
  • Options
    I love the classic feel of the Macy's one! 
  • Options
    i like the first dress and the nordstrom dress. nordstrom dress being my fav.
    its just my style i guess.:P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would really need to know more about the theme of your wedding to know which dress would work best. If you're going for a more sleek, elegant style I'd go for the nordstroms. The Macy's dress is more princess-y and somewhat conservative (as it doesn't hug the body like the Nordstroms dress. Think carefully about your theme and your body type and go with your gut. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my favorite for you is the first one from inweddingdress.com. Its unique and flirty and fun. its not like the other two, other people have worn the last two dresses, but the first would be just yours. Wink
  • Options
    I like the first and third ones best :) Depends if you want a beachy like, or fairytale like, whichever one you've imagined yourself in since you were little, go with your gut.. Best of Luck!
  • Options
    I actually prefer the style of the first two, however, the third dress looks to be of the best quality, it's a classic style, and it looks the most like a wedding dress. I hope that helps!
  • Options
    I love the Macy's dress. It looks the most like a wedding dress to me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love both the Nordstrom and Macy's Dresses - but the Macy's dress is a bit more simple and...shall i say it, boring?  I'd go with the frills!  Nordstrom's FTW!
  • Options
    I love the Macy's gown.  My second choice is the Nordstrom's dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I like the one from Nordstroms. It's very pretty. It's also very different. It's not something that every bride is wearing. I'd go with the one from Nordstrom, it's fun and pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards