Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wanting to change the bridesmaid dresses.....

So my wedding is a little over 2 months away. I have 4 bridesmaids who have all already purchased thier bridesmaides dresses from Nordstrom. I never saw the dresses in person, I only picked them out online and told them which one to order. Well I finally saw one and do not like it. Can I ask them to return them or exchange them for a different one that I have picked out? I know Nordstrom has the best return policy and they all could easily exchange them, but is this completely innapropriate? My colors are champagne and black. They bought black dresses and now I want them to wear champagne. What should I do?!?!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com

Re: Wanting to change the bridesmaid dresses.....

• Options

This is a huge headache for your bridesmaids. You have to realize they have a life outside of your wedding. This is something, since they bought with their own money, they would have to exchange themselves by either going to the store or going online and dealing with customer service. This should be your job but it can't be because they bought it.

I agree completely with everything Milkduds said above.
    Use accessories to change the  look of the dresses like sashes, pins, ribbon, etc.

Don't make your bridesmaids dread your wedding day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    If I was a BM, I'd be pretty pissed. Like PP said, if they've done anything to it, they can't return it. Plus, they may have already purchased accessories to go along with it, unless you're providing them. 

If you're really set on changing it, and are able to, I'd tell them all the issue and see if you can do the exchange yourself. Gather all the dresses and receipts and do the exchange. It's your issue, so you should be the one fixing it. If that's not a possibility, do what the PP said and add some champagne on it somewhere. 
  • Options
    If I were a BM and asked to return my dress and buy a new one I'd be pretty annoyed.

DItto Milk Duds, can you add a champagne sash or get them matching champagne coloured pashminas to wear?

Can we see a picture of the dress?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the idea of the sash..that really stinks for your bridesmaids. I would be pretty pissed
  • Options
    Nordy's does have a great exchange policy, but that's not very cool to ask of your BM's.  As everyone else has said, I'd personally be pissed if I paid for a dress and the bride changed her mind.  I'm sure you could add some champagne flair with a sash as Milkduds suggested, or get some awesome champagne shoes, jewelry, etc.

Unless you have some EXTREMELY laid back BM's, I wouldn't ask them to exchange.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    ITA leave it be at this point. Black dresses are more rewearable than champagne anyway.
  • Options
    Ditto PP. Leave the dresses alone.  You should have looked at them in person before you made them purchase them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Please do not take this as being rude, but as the bride you really should have seen the dresses in person before having them order them.  I think that at this point I would be extremely annoyed if the bride changed her mind after I ordered the dress she told me to. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd leave them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wanting-change-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:48bc7bb5-914c-4514-86b6-5dd06f1d40b6Post:a4ff7f18-7a5d-4c76-a42e-6abef71a990c">Re: Wanting to change the bridesmaid dresses.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please do not take this as being rude, but as the bride you really should have seen the dresses in person before having them order them.  I think that at this point I would be extremely annoyed if the bride changed her mind after I ordered the dress she told me to. 
    Posted by frogger6673[/QUOTE]

<div>Good point. I followed my SIL's directions and bought a long, light purple gown for her wedding this past March. She then decided we would all get a short dress of her own choosing. I was fortunate that I'd found the first one for 20 bucks at a consignment store, but boy was I pissed that she was being so picky when we were 3 weeks from the wedding!</div>
  • Options

No disrespect..things happen and you should have seen the dresses before ordering but I wouldn't put this on my maids unless I was paying for a whole new dress. If you are offering to buy the new dresses I don't see an issue but I wouldn't ask them to return or exchange them.

• Options
    ok  gess you got the answer.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards