Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Dress

How did you know when your dress was the "one"?

Re: Wedding Dress

• Options
    I found my dress the first day. I didn't like the sales lady so I kept looking for two months. I just couldn't find anything thatI felt as beautiful in. Sooo I went back and bought the dress...from a different sales person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I kept hearing that I should cry when I found "the one" and I thought everyone was out of their minds.  No way am I going to cry over a flippin dress!  So, guess who had a big fat plate of crow for lunch after I started tearing up as soon as the lady at the boutique zipped the dress up?  Not to mention the fact that it was 3 times what I had planned to pay and for the two days I tried to talk myself out of it, I balled like a baby, over a DRESS!!!  This wedding stuff is nuts!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just knew.  I'd went to try on dresses 3 times.  I found several dresses I "liked" but I wanted to change this or that about them.  When I put this dress on I LOVED it, I didn't want to change a thing (besides the size and regular length alterations).  I just felt like a bride in it.  I felt like it fitted ME. 

I was starting to believe all these people who "just knew" were nuts-o but then they weren't. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just knew. I loved the way it looked and knew no other dress would top it. It had everything I wanted and I just loved it
  • Options
    I picked out my dress online and knew I had to try it on. I had to drive 2 hours to try it on. I tried on that one and 5 others, just to be sure, but I loved my dress. It was everything I wanted. No I didnt cry, some girls do, but dont feel disappointed if you dont.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It worked for the vibe I was going for (simple/beachy), it fit, and the price was VERY right.  Sold!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    It was actually the first dress I tried on ever.  After I kept trying dresses on, nothing could come close - especially since it was bang-on budget.  I only tried on about 7 dresses because I didn't want to get upset and confused, so I bought that one! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I didn't cry or really have "that moment". It fit, it was beautiful, it had all the elements I loved, and I felt beautiful in it. I had gone to three different places and this was the best one I tried on. I bought it and, as I have my fittings, fall more and more in love with it.
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone:) I really appreciate all of your answers!
  • Options
    I knew my dress was the dress 6 months before I was engaged.  Just had to wait for the ring.  We got engaged in April 2011 and I went wedding dress shopping that summer - a total of two times.  The first time with my mom.  I tried on a bunch of dresses - including the one I like - kind of a little girl playing dress up too.  The second time I went I went my family entourage - my mom, aunt, grandma, sister, two cousins and their kids and tried on three dresses I had narrowed it down too.  I knew what one was the one, but wanted my family's opinion and to convince my aunt that girls with a little something something up on top could wear a strapless dress (which is the dress I had my eye on before I was even engaged).  We agreed that one of the dresses would be gorgeous for a church wedding but I wasn't having a church wedding, the other would be great for a destination wedding or if I was rich - a dress to change in to at the reception.  It ended up being that gorgeous strapless dress.  So you know when you know, you don't necessarily cry - I didn't, I just felt gorgeous and couldn't wait to wear my soul mate in that dress and it is never too soon.  I bought my dress more than a year before my wedding, it was my first big purchase for the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards