Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

internet dresses

I've got serious champagne taste on a beer budget when it comes to my dress and am considering ordering a knock off on the net since it will be about 300$ where the one I want is going to be about 4000$ in the stores...I just cannot fathom paying that at all. Has anyone bought their dress on one of those sites like My Big Day Dress or Light in the Box and could tell me about their experience with them?? Thanks sooo much :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: internet dresses

• Options
    I've read mixed reviews of lightinthebox, and I've never heard of my big day.

Some of the best reviewed online dress sites are netbride and Pearl's place.  The discoun't won't be quite as much, but you'll be getting a designer dress and not risking something awful.
    murrayed
  • Options
    I would check with buying a used one.. i have bought one online for 300 before and it came in and wasnt that great of quality check bravobride, or preownedweddingdress.com
  • Options
    thanks you guys...I will check the ones that you mentioned and hopefully can find somthing excellent :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You may want to check out this thread of girls on ProjectWedding who have gotten their knockoff dresses made with Milly Bridal.

http://www.projectwedding.com/groups/boards/milly-dress-brides
  • Options
    I'm getting mine through My Big Fat Beautiful Wedding, which is located in the USA (Michigan) and is certified through the BBB.

http://www.mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com/testimonials.htm

They're pretty organized, and I'm getting a custom gown. (It's pretty much the Sottero & Midgely Adorae, but with a more modest top to it with sleeves.) You can use PayPal, which I like.

It should be arriving in mid-September. The prices were EXTREMELY affordable.

I've heard very mixed reviews about getting dresses overseas...best of luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The problem with the copy sites in China is that they are copies from photos.  They do not use good fabrics and all of them know nothing about bridal gown patterns, which is most important.  What you will get is not what you want iin every case and post on all of the boards.  You will save money but you do get what you pay for.  If you are on a budget and want to save on a real gown there is Pearl's Place, Netbride and RK to try and they are real gowns, discounted, from real stores and real companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards