Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

something old...

So what are you ladies doing for something old? my parents did the courthouse wedding so i dont have anything i can use for this...nor actually do i have anything borrowed thinking about it

Re: something old...

• Options
    Your something old doesn't have to be from your parents wedding.  My MIL gave em a vintage hanky with my new last name initial on it for my something old.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine is a string of pearls handed down from my grandmother.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My earrings are made from vintage glass chandelier peices from a vendor on etsy

• Options
    what is this etsy i keep hearing about?
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna wear my mother-in-law's veil... but if I don't like it, I'm gonna wear her sapphire ring either way.  It's perfect, cause it's 28 years old, my FI's age, because his father gave it to his mother as a present when he was born.  So, it's old, blue, and has sentimental value!  My parents don't have anything since they had a super casual wedding and my mom barely got dressed up.  
  • Options
    Ask around in your family. Perhaps an aunt or grandmother, or someone in your fiance's family has something you can borrow that's old.
  • Options
    My something old is the little plastic doves my parents used on their wedding cake. They got married 35 years ago, so it means a lot to me. I was having a hard time trying to figure out how i could incorporate them into the wedding, and then I realized how to. I will put all but one dove on my bird cage(for cards which i made myself) and then have one on my bouquet so it will actually be around for the ceremony.

Something borrowed- My best friends ring bearer pillow and flower girl basket.
  • Options
    My something old is my grandmothers hankerchief and my other grandmothers garter that she wore in her wedding!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    OK - this may sound dumb but I'm using my 'sixpence in my shoe" as my old, too.

Something....
    Old - a real Sixpence
    New - dress!
    Borrowed - nothing yet
    Blue - Garter or perhaps a ribbon around the sixpence
    Sixpence in my shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_something-old-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:508c0600-4a44-4f6c-bb7a-8e265fcc5265Post:b6d80b4a-e520-4b5f-87cb-b4999426e699">Re: something old...</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is this etsy i keep hearing about?
    Posted by caseylynne21[/QUOTE]

It's a website where vendors sell what I consider homemade unique items. Ive been able to find a lot of stuff for the wedding on there as well as gifts in general.

This is a link to the lady I bought my earrings from. She was fabulous to work with!

<a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/bluelovebirds" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/bluelovebirds</a>
  • Options
    my something old is a rosary that is my birthstone that I am tying around my bouquet.  My borrowed is jewelry from my grandmother and great grandmother.  You could borrow something from a close friend or if your FI has a sibiling, borrow something from them.  You can always tie something underneath your dress if its like a ribbon or something.  My SIL "borrowed" some perfume from her aunt.   She didn't have anything either but found something day of!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards