Attire & Accessories Forum

Another poll for the magazine

Re: Another poll for the magazine

• There is no way I would tell my guests what to wear! They can wear what they are confortable in.
  • So otherwise, the question is:  Are you going to be a rude, micromanaging bridezilla?  Because I can't imagine any other reason that it's appropriate to tell your guests what to wear, unless it's a legit black-tie event.
    Anniversary
  • Why in the hell would I tell grown adults how they should dress?  This question is ridiculous.  Please don't give new brides this idea!!

• Definitely not a Kardashian.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I miss Knot Annie.  Her questions weren't this tacky and stupid.
  • My guests are adults and capable of dressing themselves. If someone shows up dressed inappropriately it will look bad on them. Not me.
    Anniversary
  • It is however ok to let people know if you expect "no denim" or "formal attire."
  • We are not, however we did say no jeans. :)
  • pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_another-poll-for-the-magazine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:50ffcc4c-f0e9-499f-bc33-3c4a1c8a2c62Post:103f99dc-84ab-4de0-a8f5-fc455ef39c5b">Re: Another poll for the magazine</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is however ok to let people know if you expect "no denim" or "formal attire."
    Posted by ap142193[/QUOTE]
    NO!!!!  You don't tell your guests how to dress.  The only exceptions are if the venue actually has a dress code, or if you are having a true black tie event.  Otherwise it is rude, rude, rude!
  • You left out the "No, it's insanely rude and I'm not a BSC bridezilla who thinks she's a Kardashian" option.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I wish there was an "only the ones who ask" option. My future mother in-law and her best friend asked me at least 3 times on Saturday whether it was appropriate to wear black. They were not taking "You should wear what you like" for an answer. "The Priests will be wearing black" also didn't work. Neither did my mother take "wear what your like" for an answer. And the friend asked me twice if her husband should wear a suit.
  • Does it REALLY matter if someone shows up in jeans?  Is it going to ruin your wedding? 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards