Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

shoes

I'm having a country wedding outside in the summer and was wondering if cowboy boots would be tacky or rustic chic.

Re: shoes

• Options
    I hate the trend of nonformal shoes with the wedding dress, personally. Even if it goes with the theme, I still think a bride should be wearing some sort of classic dressy white shoe.
  • Options
    I have never worn cowboy boots but I would think that they would get pretty hot in the middle of the summer.  But then again I am a person that if my feet are hot then I am miserable.

But I believe that the bride should wear the type of shoe that is most comfortable for them to get through the day.  Especially when wearing a long gown since you will either not see or barely see the shoe.

If you love wearing cowboy boots and aren't just wearing them to stick with your theme then go for it.

• Options
    I think cowboy boots are too informal for weddings.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shoes-185?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:54acc1cd-4e6b-47fc-a8ca-a4fd8dea6ebbPost:dbc6f12b-a596-4b75-9e22-3da14679245f">Re: shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on the dress. If you are getting married in a sundress, I think it would be cute. If you are getting married in a gown, I think it would look stupid. You could always change into your boots for dancing at the reception. A line dance with the bride in boots would be a pretty epic picture, put it on the list for your photographer. :)
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

I second this.

If the wedding is very country, little less formal, and the dress is less formal poofy ballgown... then I think that's fine.  It can be cute.

But if the rest of the wedding is more formal, and you have a formal satiny ballgown, then it just looks silly.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I guess so many girls on this forum are having country wedding. :P

Anyways, if you don't like cowboy shoes you may go for other wedding shoes...
  • Options
    I'm in TX and at least 50% of the brides wear boots.  I LOVE my boots!  They are comfy and cute. I was torn and was considering them for our rustic wedding and the would have really gone with my funky asymmetical a-line gown, but my FI really likes when I wear heels (which I HATE!).  I finally decided that this is his day too and so many other decisions were made based on my feelings/opinion, that I could at least do this for him.  So, I'm wearing Toms glitter wedges and having a pair of custom shoe clips made to dress them up a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards