New Hampshire

Honeymoon

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has honeymooned anywhere on the East Coast or Canada? Where did you go? Did you have a good time?

Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been on my HM yet and I'm not doing the East Coast, but here are some recs based on places I'd love to go (or return to!) sometime:

-Key West
    -Myrtle Beach
    -Hilton Head
    -Washington D.C. (an interesting, fun city)
    -NYC 
    -Berkshires, MA (great scenery, lots of good hikes)
    -Burlington, VT (good shops and cruising Champlain is fun)
    -Boston
    -Bar Harbor, ME (Near Acadia, lots to do)
    -Nova Scotia
    -Quebec City (very European)
    -Prince Edward Island

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We did a "mini-moon" in Bar Harbor.  It is SO beautiful up there.  Lots to do, tons of nice places to stay (we stayed at Lindenwood Inn in Southwest Harbor... nice and quiet!), good places to eat, and if you've never been to Acadia National Park, it is STUNNING.  You could spend more than 1 day in there, no question.  We also did a sunset cruise aboard a big schooner called the Margaret Todd, it was a blast! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kiwah Island is amazing!  Off the coast of Charleston, SC, but I think it's technically in GA?  Not sure... but it's gorgeous!  Amazing beach, great spas... loved it!
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want something quiet and low key, Vinalhaven Island off the coast of Maine is beautiful. There are rock quarry's to swim in when the ocean is too cold to swim in. You take a ferry from Rockland. Most of the coast of Maine is great to visit. Camden, Rockland, and Belfast are all close together. There is Samoset resort in Rockland. Rockland headlight to visit. 

I also second Bar Harbor and Acadia. Such a beautiful place. 
  • edited December 2011
    How about Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard?  I haven't honeymooned at either, but I love Martha's Vineyard and friends of mine love Nantucket.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards