Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

COLOR QUESTION: Help help!

my dress is a light gold/champagne color.

I want my bridesmaids to be in navy; but then does my fiancee have to be in a navy suit as well; or can he still be in black??

ALSO.. if my dress has straps (v neck in front and back) do my bridesmaids need to be in straps, or can they be strapless??

Re: COLOR QUESTION: Help help!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I would say that black is fine for the groom and that your bridesmaids can go strapless, but I'd be curious to see what others think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you like to match, I'd say grey suits would look better next to navy dresses (I think it'll only matter in the pictures though, because once people start to celebrate, who cares if they match?)

I don't necessarily think the groom and groomsmen have to wear the same colour either.  I'd probably do grey or charcoal for the groomsmen and black for the groom...but for my own wedding I have no idea what's going on in that department - I left it up to my FI, since I am making all of the decisions for the BM dresses, I thought it would only be fair ;)

As far as straps and no straps, I don't think it matters at all.  You don't need to match your bridesmaids.  I've even seen bridesmaids with different straps/no straps stand next to each other and it doesn't look wrong.  Think outside the box! :)
  • Options

I say black is fine. While grey would look better with the navy, I think that black will look better with your dress. I don't think bridesmaids dresses have to have the same neckline/straps as the bride's either. I did chose bridesmaid's dresses that complimented my gown in fabric/neckline.

"When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Options
    Grey looks better next to Navy, so maybe you could put the groomsmen in grey.  And Black looks very snazzy with white, so maybe the Groom could be in black to match you.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_color-question-help-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5b811267-c3d3-4130-9e8f-89eb5aec8294Post:bc89cb22-006f-48b6-bee4-5667873166c0">Re: COLOR QUESTION: Help help!</a>:
    [QUOTE] And Black looks very snazzy with white, so maybe the Groom could be in black to match you.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]
    <div>But I think the bride will be in champagne/gold.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards