New Hampshire

Got my dress! Now alterations etc?

I'm so excited.. just bought my dress on Friday night at the Priscilla Sample Sale! I knew as soon as a tried it on it was right for me :)

Now... for the recs!?

-Anyone know a place/seamstress that does amazing alterations and wont charge me an arm & a leg?

Also does anyone know of a dry cleaning business that specializes or has done wedding gowns before?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Got my dress! Now alterations etc?

• Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my alterations done by Dolly (Dressmaking my Dolly) in Hudson NH.

She has been very reasonably priced and does great work. 

I don't have an answer for you for the cleaners though...
     Good Luck
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am using a woman named Cathy in Rochester.  She is from Andrea's Bridal in Rochester.  I thought my alterations were going to be near $1000 and she told me that the way things currently stand only $200 with the bustle!!!!!  The number is
    (603) 335-4044
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Nora's alterations in Plaistow, NH.  Haven't been yet but she is highly recommened by the store I bought my dress and another girl who went there.
  • edited December 2011
    Also congrats on getting your dress!
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the dress. Olga's in Nashua is also great for wedding dress alternations.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the dress!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Horray! It's a great feeling!
    Anniversary
  • ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting your dress!!

I did my alterations with Deb from Fit2BWed in Kingston, NH. She did an incredible job - I can't say enough good things about her. She made a lot of tiny adjustments to my dress and put so much attention to detail into my alterations. It really showed, as my dress came out exactly how I had hoped. She was fabulous. We found her prices to be reasonable. My MOH also got her dress hemmed by her, and it was about $30 less expensive than another bridesmaid who got her hem done at David's Bridal.Here's her website: http://fit2bwed.com/

Hope this helps!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jrich7686jrich7686 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days-- work has been INSANE. Now, a much needed vaca until next Thursday in Vegas with the FI is extremely needed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards