Attire & Accessories Forum

PURPLE SHOES

Should I wear purple shoes with my wedding gown?I think they are so beautiful and make really cool shots. But I dont want to look unclassy.  Help!!!!

Re: PURPLE SHOES

• Color shoes are a new fad for brides.  If you like the pop of color then I say go for it.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wanted purple shoes, but I had to have flats, and couldn't find any.  But MAN did I want them!
  • I think its a fun idea!!! I might get a colored pair to wear for the reception. Down the aisle I'm sticking with white because the bottom and train of my dress is very fine lace and I don't want anything to stand out TOO much... so you could always do that too!

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_purple-shoes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:624e9a11-23cb-4c44-b292-dbfb27934fbcPost:99faafcc-10f2-4f8c-ac9a-20884bf43079">Re: PURPLE SHOES</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted purple shoes, but I had to have flats, and couldn't find any.  But MAN did I want them!
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

^^This is totally me, too. I searched for months, and then I was two days away from my first fitting, so I gave in and got white shoes... :(
    Anniversary
  • I bought white shoes, but loved all of the pictures I was seeing with brides and colored shoes.  I returned my white shoes and bought purple ones and do not regret it.  Here is a picture of them.  I bought them from dsw,com and most of the reviews for the shoes came from brides!
  • I am wearing purple. It is not unclassy. Think of it as fun!
  • I'm wearing hot pink shoes just like my girls dresses. I can't wait to wear them. White wasn't even an option for me. lol
  • Cute- what brand are these?  thanks!
  • I'm also wearing purple shoes, so I say go for it!  :-)
    "You're the L and the V, I'm the O and the E...Am I speaking clearly?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards