Attire & Accessories Forum

Catherdral Veil-more expensive then planned

I just found out the veil I love that made me cry when I put it on with my gown is $225!  I only plan to wear it for the some pre/post ceremony pictures and for teh 30 minute ceremony.  I just don't know if i cas justify that price for the time it will be used.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Catherdral Veil-more expensive then planned

• I am in the same boat.  I have a lot of detail on the back of my dress so I was either going to do no veil or cathedral veil.  Ultimately decided eventhough I am only wearing it for an hour or two, I'll have the pictures for life so I am going to spend the money.
  • You guys know that many people on etsy.com make veils, right?

Also, they are really easy to make, check out the DIY board. My mom (who really isn't more than a button sewer-onner, and hemmer) is going to make mine for about $50!
  • momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    I was going to suggest them also!  I wanted a cathedral drop veil and the sotre wanted to charge me almost 400 for a plain veil with not accents or even a clip.  This place is saying 75-100.

http://www.wedding-veil.com
  • I actually just requested swatches from them.  The only problem is they don't ahve an exact match but they do custom make which I hope would still be under $225.  The one I loved had lace around the edges, have to get exact measuerments form teh shop bu tthis could actully turn out well.  Thanks!
  • edited April 2010
    I was definitely apprehensive at first.  I didn't love the idea of purchasing something so important from an online site..... 

That being said, my mom, the queen of all things wedding, thought we should at least order one to see the quality/craftsmanship.  We ordered a few different styles I liked  just to "cover our bases."  Even though the company does charge a re-restocking fee for each item returned, we still came out ahead financially and I have the perfect veil!

I saved $200.00 and its the SAME veil.  Seriously!  I hope it works out for you! The swatches will arive quickly.   So exciting! 
  • I got mine for $27 on ebay. With shipping. Granted, I wanted it to be as long, thin, and plain as it could be so it really is just the tulle (or whatever :-P) with the comb attached, but it was a great deal and I feel beautiful in it :) Try ebay, and I hope this helps!
  • I sent you a PM
  • Just be careful when bargain-hunting that you're getting the same thing. Most cheaper veils are polyester, so if you want silk, make SURE it's silk before buying it.

I think you should spend more than what makes "sense" on a veil (if you can and if you truly want to) because it will be in photos forever.
  • So I found a few websites that have my veil at a discount, literally more then half off!  Anyone ever use bridaldirect.com, advantage bridal.com or weddingaccents.com?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards