Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

diamonds or pearls?

I had thought I'd start my accessory hunt early since to afford what I had wanted, it would take the time seeing as I'm currently only part time substituting. I thought that I wanted to wear the necklace FI bought me a few months after we were dating and diamond (or probably really nice FAKE diamond haha) tear drop earrings. However, when I was thinking about the detailing on my dress I thought diamonds might not be the best choice. I thought maybe tiny dangly pearl earrings and a single pearl on a silver chair necklace. Here is a picture of the detailing, opinions?

Re: diamonds or pearls?

• Options
    Your dress is beautiful!  I love it.  Anyways, I can't decide honestly.  I think either one would look really pretty but I'm leaning towards some bling.
  • Options
    I'd try to find a diamond and pearl necklace.  Nothing gaudy, maybe a couple pearls and a few diamonds.  Check out antique stores.  They usually have great old fashioned jewelry that would have this.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Messed up... I wanted to vote pearl.  Love your idea of tiny dangly pearl earrings and a single pearl on a necklace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i vote no necklace - and some blang blangin earrings. 
  • Options
    I love sparkles!  So I would go with antique jewelry, nice rhinestones.  But I really do like the idea of mixing them up with pearls and diamonds.  BTW I love your dress!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_diamonds-pearls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:65f111dc-878b-4805-a9e1-fc129db7a3eePost:04dfcb1a-a687-40f9-86fd-5dfee10ae0b6">Re: diamonds or pearls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i vote no necklace - and some blang blangin earrings. 
    Posted by reese511[/QUOTE]

This! My dress had quite a bit of bling as well, and I just did earrings. I think the neckline and the detail around it is beautiful and you might not want a necklace to distract from that. That was my feeling.

Btw - the dress is stunning and very unique! I love the back of it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_diamonds-pearls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:65f111dc-878b-4805-a9e1-fc129db7a3eePost:04dfcb1a-a687-40f9-86fd-5dfee10ae0b6">Re: diamonds or pearls?</a>:
    Agreed.  The detail on the bodice is so gorgeous you don't need a necklace (it'll just compete for attention.)  I'm seeing some gorgeous sparkly chandelier earrings though.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I love the idea of a mixed pearl-diamond (or rhinestone or crystal) necklace as well. I've seen some stunning ones out there! I'd do a simple single-strand choker and some dangly, but short earrings.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I hadn't thought of mixing them together, but the idea of that is really intrigueing! I've got plenty of time to search for the perfect piece and I'm really feeling the mix Smile And thank you about the dress! Yes, the back was what drew me in to it and I just knew it was the other "one" when I put it on!! I'll update when I find the perfect compliments!
  • Options
    I know she's in Australia but etsy seller lulusplendor has some gorgeous vintage-style rhinestone and pearl pieces.  They are very lightweight and the price is fantastic.  I wore a pair of her earrings.

Another option:  I have seen a girl wearing this dress this summer and she actually wore it with a pair of light blue topaz drops (big ones!).  They were her something blue and it suited her really well.  Her bridesmaids were in black with pink sashes so they didn't match anyone else but they were still gorgeous.

Something like this.

• Options
    I say both. Pearl necklace with diamond accent.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I voted for pearls because they're so classic and have an understated elegance that wouldn't take away from that OMG-freaking-gorgeous dress. (Seriously, LOVE your dress)
  • Options

I also agree. I have not been a huge necklace fan lately anyway though. I just think with that much detailing on the top of the dress a necklace would probably be too much. I would get some rockin earrings.
  • Options
    If you do a necklace, I would do something really simple.  I like the idea of pearls better, but then again, I do love pearls.
  • Options
    I think diamonds!! LOVE the sparkles!!!
  • Options
    Another no necklace vote- it's too much with the detail on the dress!
  • Options
    I agree - no necklace. But if you did wear one, either would work well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards