Attire & Accessories Forum

looking for bridemaids dresses - same color, diff styles

hi all! i'm looking for a bridesmaids dress i can do in the same color & material, but with different styles/necklines. i have 9 girls with very different body types and i think that's the best way to make them feel comfortable but still look cohesive. any one have any suggestions for designers or stores who make this easy/possible?

Re: looking for bridemaids dresses - same color, diff styles

• Have you asked their budgets?  Places like David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo, Dessy are a great place to start but any BM dress line should work for what you want.  just make sure you find out what their budgets are (individually) before settling on a dress line as they can vary greatly.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cebrady89cebrady89 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    J Crew has been really popular with bridesmaid dresses lately - they have plenty of styles and lots of colors. I just saw a wedding on Style Me Pretty where the girls all wore JCrew in varying shades of gray and black, and they all looked great :)

Edit: Forgot to add that Amsale has a great selection, but they are pricier, so be sure to talk to your girls about budget.
  • I picked the silk chiffon dresses from Jcrew. I picked the color and they picked the style. There are quite a few options for styles, necklines, lengths, etc and the wedding consultants are very knowledgeable in what looks best on what body type and how the dresses can/cannot be altered. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amsale has a great line of bridesmaid dresses for this. They are a little pricey but totally worth it because theyre gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing the same, and I have 5 girls.  I went with Bill Levkoff, the Euro Stain fabric had the exact color I wanted, and there a ton of different but similar styles to choose from.  I told my girls to pick whatever dress they felt comfortable in, and told them it would be ok if some chose the same dress, but they each chose a different dress.  I think its the best way for all your girls to look and feel beautiful. 
  • I feel like all I do is post about David's Bridal bridesmaid dresses, but this is what I did for my 6 girls and it was SO easy. They have a ton of sizes in the store to try on so everyone had several choices (my 6 girls range from size 6-24).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to use David's Bridal for my BMs, because the first one that went shopping found stuff she liked there (my FSIL, she got really excited and I'm having to pull her in from shopping until a more reasonable time before the wedding). They really do have great selections for sizes, styles, and then coverage options if one of your girls wants them. 

The other brand I looked at and liked was Pretty Maids, which is a national brand and it's in a lot of bridal stores (there were multiple stores near all of my BMs in 3 different states). They make most of their dresses in any of their fabrics and colors, so it's easy to do the fabric/color matching thing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should look at the Infinity dresses.  I love them because you can wear it so many different ways.

http://shop.henkaa.com/products/sakura-convertible-short-dress-robins-egg-blue

You can also find them way cheaper at etsy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards