New Hampshire
Options

Favorite vendor?

For you married ladies: What was your favorite vendor to work with?
Brides-to-be: If you have hired vendors, who are your favorite so far? (well, as far as you can tell)

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favorite vendor?

• Options
    So far, my favorite vendor is my florist.  I wasn't super excited about the whole "having a real wedding" thing until I met my florist.  He brought the whole thing to life for me and made me feel like my wedding was really going to be beautiful.  He used to work at Winstons in Boston, but has his own new business in Derry called Harrington Flowers.  Here's the website: http://www.harringtonflowersllc.com/.  His prices are so reasonable that I've started popping over there to get a small arrangement every time I need a hostess gift or something like that.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'd say our DJ has been the most favourite so far. His personality is great and he has provided us with a bunch of events to include in our music timeline and some of them I didn't even know existed (i.e. a special song for centerpiece giveaway?). But I can't wait to have the cake tasting, I have a huge sweet tooth and I know I'll make sure not to eat the whole day so that I can try as many different flavours as possible!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd have to say our DJ. We are using DJ Dave Lynch and when we met with him last year he was just so easy to talk to and had alot of great ideas!  We are doing our final meeting next week so I'm hoping it will just get better!
  • Options
    I won't cheat and say my cake vendor since it's one of my best friends lol

My favorite so far has been my photgraphy company Portrait New England. I ended up getting 2 photographers for a cheaper price than I could find for 1 with the same quality work. We met with Bill (Naomi had to stay home with their newborn) and he was so down to earth and nice. We felt comfortable with him which is what we'll need to relax in front of the camera.

I too love sweets and my cake tasting is on Saturday... can't wait to try everything!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly loved all of my vendors, but it would be a tie between my Photographer (Amanda Perkins) and Videographer (Rebecca Curtis). We just loved our photos and video so much and they were both so inexpensive and nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Honestly,I'd say the cake vendor was the best and easiest to work with.(Not to mention the most fun!)  We went with Jacques Pastries.  We had a whole theme in mind for our wedding-trees and nature.  They made us a cake that looked like a birch tree! It looked like our names were "carved" in the side and had all kinds of sugar leaves all over it.  It was perfect.  And delish! We did one tier with almond cake with amaretto butter cream, the second tier was lemon with lemon buttercream, and our tier was the same as the bottom one. Also, we did the cake tasting a year before our wedding, and I was nervous that our order might get lost in the shuffle, but when I called to confirm a few days before the wedding, they assured me everything was all set and they definitely delivered.  It was beautiful and we are still getting compliments. We worked with Tom and he was just great, but anyone we talked to there was wonderful to deal with. Also, just for the record...DH and I are counting down to eating that top tier that is currently in my parents' freezer! Come on August! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    loved our photographer and videographer

photos: john loconte www.johnlophoto.com

video: dave from waves www.avwaves.com

both amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards