Attire & Accessories Forum

Just ordered my dress...sigh!

So I placed the order for my dress today and can't wait for it to arrive.  Hope I don't go crazy or find something that I like better. 

Has anyone else suffered from dress anxeity?

Re: Just ordered my dress...sigh!

• Stop looking at other dresses!!

Oh, and congrats on buying yours :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • I would be stalking the bridal shop if I had ordered my gown.  I bought the sample so that baby was mine the day I bought it!  I did have a little anxiety leading up to trying it on for my sisters because there was another dress I never tried on and wanted to.  Once I put my dress on though, all the anxiety went away and I knew I had made the right decision.
  • I got really worried for a couple of hours after I got home the day I bought mine, but once I got over that initial worry/shock of ordering a really expensive dress that I won't even see for months, I got really excited about it again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • now you can stop looking. There will always be something pretty, but what you chose is you. it's already had this talk with your heart, now you can move on to the rest of the colors in your wedding until the dress arrives. :)  
  • i just started lookig yesterday and after trying on 5 dresses i fell in love with one, however i am having anxiety also about whether or not to buy it! i am going back on saturday to try on again and hopefully buy...should i look at other places or get this dress?
  • since you have 5 days before, why not. No harm. I went to 3 stores.First one a flop, second a flop, third one okay but then I hated the dress. So went back to store #1 and got an entirely new dress. sometimes it taks a minute sometimes you hit it.  But when  you do, you know. you say how, i say wait till you tried on few, you will know. just don't put money down until you get that, this is it.
  • I had second thoughts about my dress after I ordered it.  When I got it back I went to pick it up and I thought is this the dress I ordered.  I hated the dress.  When I went to do my fitting for alterations I remembered why I picked the dress.  It was just right for me and I look amazing in it and other people in the store kept saying the same thing.  After all the alterations have been done it looks great I can't wait for my fiance' to see me come down the ailse in it.  You will love it once everything comes together don't worry.  Oh yeah, and stop looking at other dresses.  That was part of my problem too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards