Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

wedding day jewlery/right hand ring

Is it okay to wear a right hand ring on your wedding day? The ring I would like to wear is for my something blue and it was my grandma's (the only stone 1/2 inch in dia. (sky blue, showcased with an very small band with 4 prongs) My concern wearing the ring is that it is on the larger side and I don't want it to take away from my wedding ring. Any thoughts, would greatly be appreciated!!!!

Re: wedding day jewlery/right hand ring

• Options
    Sure, a lot of people do that.
  • Options
    I was planning on wearing my engagement ring on my right hand... is this not tradition?
  • Options
    ooo....i don't know. but just tried and it's a lot snug!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-day-jewleryright-hand-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:6b81cb29-92ae-4bc6-b5a7-fc9436c92ac3Post:6158af0d-1c5c-4323-aecd-41d434b9dacb">Re: wedding day jewlery/right hand ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on wearing my engagement ring on my right hand... is this not tradition?
    Posted by SimplyIndulgent[/QUOTE]

This is done very often so that you FI can just slip your wedding band on to your finger at the correct moment.  You can also wear your engagement ring, but then have to remove it for the big moment.
  • Options
    Well certainly don't leave your finger without circulation.... go with what makes you feel most comfortable.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-day-jewleryright-hand-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:6b81cb29-92ae-4bc6-b5a7-fc9436c92ac3Post:6158af0d-1c5c-4323-aecd-41d434b9dacb">Re: wedding day jewlery/right hand ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on wearing my engagement ring on my right hand... is this not tradition?
    Posted by SimplyIndulgent[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, yes. Otherwise you have to take off wedding band after to reverse the rings.
  • Options
    I wore my e-ring on my right hand but I know a lot of girls that keep it on the left hand during the entire ceremony and switch it after.  Also, a lot of girls wear a right hand right for their something blue.  All of these things are common and fine to do.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    since my wedding ring is a band that goes with the Ering, ill just wear my ering on the left hand and reverse them after the ceremony.
    i think that its a right hand ring is fine. esp since its ur gmas and blue!
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Nadine, I think wearing a senimental ring, in blue, for your wedding, is fine. I'm sure it will make your family feel great about the gesture as well.

There's no rules, the day belongs to you and your fiance, do what you want.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards