Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Should I wear a necklice??

I am going back and forth about this. I know I want to wear diamonds but I am debating whether I should wear dangle earrings and a bracelet or if I should try to go with a necklice, earrings and a bracelet? This is my dress!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&page=1&style=JL1280

I do see in the picture she just wears dangles and braclets.

Re: Should I wear a necklice??

• Options
    I would say no to a necklace.  I think a nice pair of earrings and a bracelet would be plenty with your dress.  However, if you really want to wear a necklace I would do something very simple since the top of your dress has a lot of sparkle.

• Options

i agree with maggie0829! No necklace but a bold earring and bracelet would be beautiful :)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks so much guys!!! That is so helpful because that was what I was thinking would be best but I wasn't sure. Anyone else agree or disagree?
  • Options
    I would do a simple necklace.
  • Options
    I could see something delicate like a diamond solitare necklace or even a choker made of lace would be gorgeous.  I personally am not a fan of the bare neck look unless the dress has a high neckline.
  • Options
    Well, I always love big bold pieces, so I'm wearing all 3 and would if that was my dress too. Why don't you find one that you like and then bring it to a fitting. If you decide it's too much, you can return it.
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of necklaces on brides, especially if they're wearing a veil. It can be distracting when there's so many things to look at.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love a bare neck, I think it's so pretty! Go with chandelier earrings and an amazing bracelet. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think it depends on you and your dress.  I have a long neck and fairly bony collar area, so a lack of a necklace on me looks really silly.  Furthermore, I had a super plain dress and the necklace added some dimension.

Based on your dress alone, I'd recommend no necklace, but if you are bare and bony up top, it may look better on you to wear one. 
  • Options
    I would do a necklace, but something really simple (as someone said above, maybe a diamond solitaire or, if you have a color, some other gem solitaire). 
  • Options
    I have a smilar top like yours and I will not be wearing a necklace I feel it will be to much. Plus like someone said with wearing a veil I think it takes away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would say yes on the necklace, but it should be small and delicate. Someone mentioned a lace choker which would be nice, or maybe a simple diamond necklace since you mentioned you were going all diamond? I would personally choose a small heart necklace like one of the ones here:
    http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/necklaces.aspx

I personally like the "Amorus Heart Pendant" but that might be too much silver for you.

Good Luck! You'll look gorgeous no matter what :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards