New Hampshire
Options

NWR: need ideas

I am posting this on a few boards.  but here goes:
My FI and I have decided to make Saturdays our exploration days to unwind.  This weekend we went to Portsmouth, NH...had breakfast at a little bakery and walked around the shops.  Next weekend, we were thinking of heading either to the cape, somewhere in NH or even Maine.  I love the small town feel like the little restaurants and shops.  But, I have no idea where to go.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: need ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What a fun idea- my fi and I love those days!  Here's what I can think of off the top of my head...

Kittery in Maine has the Kittery Outlets, Kittery Trading Post, etc. 
    North Conway, NH is adorable with a cute Main St. with restaurants and shops.  
    Meredith NH has Mill Falls and lots of restaurants, and Wolfeboro, NH is similar, too!

Hope this helps!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not NH or ME, but I love downtown Newburyport, MA.  It has the same kind of feel as Portsmouth, NH.  Check out their visitors site!  http://www.newburyportchamber.org/

Ogunquit or York, ME is nice too.  You can walk Marginal Way there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.....we go to newburyport all of the time since it is so close to me.  I am starting to lean toward Maine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marginal way is in Ogunquit (sp?) by the way.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great ideas and we will have to check out each of them this summer.  For this week's day trip, we decided to go to rockport before it gets too busy.  Anyone know good breakfast places in town?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ogunquit ME is beautiful, that's actually were I got engaged!  We stayed at the meadowmere only for 2 days but it's within walking distance of the beach and you're still close to shops and outlets.

If you're into fishing I'd suggest maybe going to some lakes for the day too.  I don't fish but FI does and I love just being on my parents row boat catching some sun.  Don't forget about the white mountains too they are beautiful even in the summer and probably less crowded.
  • Options
    TroyandKellyTroyandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kennebunkport, ME for that small town feel with nice shops and yummy places to eat.
    Kittery, ME for outlet shopping and there is a great resturant across the street, cannot remember name, but it is a blue farm house - their strawberry cheesecake martini is awesome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards