Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Length for Black Tie

I have a black tie wedding to go on New Years Eve.  Attire is black tie (much to my husband's dislike).  I have a beautiful satin black and gold a-line tea length dress from White House Black Market (hits me just below the knee since I'm short) that I was planning on wearing but now I'm worried about the length since it's not to the floor.  Any 'black-tie' brides out there that have an opinion they can offer?  Thanks.

Re: Dress Length for Black Tie

• Options

How exciting!  Your husband can deal with it LOL.  My first instinct is that you would be fine but I've never been to a black tie event so I wouldn't trust my advice.  Do you know anyone else who's going that you can ask what kind of dress they're wearing?

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I have feelers out and I've got one for floor-length and waiting on some other feedback.  :)
  • Options
    A fancy cocktail length dress should be fine.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Do you have pics of the dress you want to wear?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think your dress would be fine, like Liatris says, with great heels and jewlery you should be fine.  :)

But we'd like to see pics (if for no other reason than I just like pretty dresses).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Searched the net and can't find a picture :( Sorry.  Thank you ladies for all your input- really didn't want to have to buy another dress!  HOpe everyone has a merry Christmas!
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From my experience, black tie means floor length gown. I know when I've been to black tie events and weddings all the ladies were wearing floor length formal gowns.
  • Options
    To me black tie means floor length evening gowns.  If your close with the bride the best thing to do would be to call her and ask.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards