New Hampshire

Where did you buy your wedding/bridesmaid dresses?

We'll be looking for dresses soon for my daughter, (the bride), and her maids. Looking for recommendations on places to look for dresses. We live in the Nashua area, but the wedding will be in Jaffrey, NH in September 2011.
September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
imageimage
Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
Anniversary

Re: Where did you buy your wedding/bridesmaid dresses?

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress and the bridesmaid dresses at David's Bridal.  I had a horrible experience at the Nashua store. But I had a completely different and wonderful experience at the Danvers Ma store. It is a bit of a drive but it was completely worth it. I highly recommend Alla if you go there.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Modern Bride in Bedford, and had an awesome experience.  They are not the type of store with 100% hands on by the consultants, but I liked that, being able to stand in the dress and talk to my friends without someone waiting right there to put the next one on me, it was a bit more relaxed.  We got our BM dresses at Davids Bridal and definitely no hands on there, we basically fended for ourselves the whole time, somewhat annoying but we did the best with what we had and ended up finding nice dresses for a very good price.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at Modern Bride, but another great place is Marry and Tux in Nashua (on th DW)

Good Luck
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Modern Bride.  And I waited to order until Thanksgiving weekend because they had a sale, which saved me a few buck.  We got the bridesmaid dresses at JC Penny.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    We got the BM dresses at Marry and Tux. They've been great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Natasha's Bridal in Methuen MA and had a wonderful experience! (although I'm still waiting for my dress I ordered the day after x-mas).  I also shopped at Country Bridals in Jaffrey and had a great experience there (it's a lot bigger inside than it looks).

I had my girls get their BM dresses at David's Bridal but only because they all live in different states.  I wasn't psyched with the selection but had an ok experience at the Nashua one.  The one in Natick was fantastic when I went to look for my dress though.  I went on a Wed night and it was practically empty.

The only place I'd have to say I absoultely hated was 125 Bridal in Plaistow, NH the service was horrible the woman was very rude to me and they had a tiny selection.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased both my dress and my bridesmaid dresses from Modern Bride in Bedford. Everything has come in according to the timeline they originally quoted and I couldn't be happier. I'll know more about their alterations dept. when I head in for my first fitting in a couple weeks! The nice thing about the store is that they allow you to very much have your own experience; there aren't a bunch of people following you around, pressuring you. Not to mention, they had THE BEST price on my Sottero and Midgley dress ($200 less than other nearby salons), and they include a free bustle and hand press in the pricing. Many of their dresses have various alterations packages, so it's worth taking a look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got the Bridesmaids dresses at Marry&Tux in Nashua.  I too had tried David's Bridal in Nashua and also had a horrible experience.  The consultant that I had made it seem as if I didn't exsist.  I don't reccomend them. 

Marry & Tux was much better.  I liked it there because they had dresses in many different sizes to try!  That is hard to find!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Rach70489Rach70489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recomend looking at Country Bridal in Jaffrey.  I bought my dress at Modern Bride and had a good experience there, but when I went back to look for BM dresses I was very disappointed with their selection. Country Bridal has alot of the same designers but I found had a larger selection.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Madeline's Daughter in Portsmouth and the BM dresses at Marry & Tux in Nashua. Had great experiences with both stores.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Marry and Tux in Nashua (I can't wait until it comes in!) and we're planning on getting the BM dresses there too!
    Anniversary
  • MANY2004MANY2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress and my bridesmaids dresses at David's vridal in Davers Ma. I have to agree with those who have had a bad experience in the Nashua store. I had been there as a bridesmaid and had a terrible experience. I have also gotten a bridesmaid dress at Modern Bridal in Bedford as well and had a good experience with the dress and sales staff - not so good with alterations though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards