Attire & Accessories Forum

rude lady at bridal shop

I was going to go look at veils to go with my dress and I went into a bridal store just to get an idea of what I wanted.  I had my eye on a lace edged mantilla veil since my dress is super simple and modern and I wanted to make it more romantic.  After telling the lady at the store what I had in mind she had the nerve to say, "Honey, you have to be really pretty to wear that kind of veil, maybe you would be better off with this kind."

Needless to say I left and will not be giving them any business.

I don't think I am over reacting about being so mad.

What do you think?

Re: rude lady at bridal shop

• ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!??!!!

What a rude and inconsiderate b****!!
    I looked at your pictures - I think you are very pretty!!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are not overreacting. Who the hell says that? 

Don't give them any of your business, and tell the brides on your local board to avoid them as well.
  • Wow!!!! I don't know how you kept your cool! I would have said something along the lines of her having a very ugly attitude before storming out! and I agree... you are pretty!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_rude-lady-bridal-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:752932ab-6769-455c-8c65-f0fd3d3fd7a3Post:e114ade3-cf23-416f-9570-1c03b5cfc289">Re: rude lady at bridal shop</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not think you are overreacting about being so mad either!  If I were you, I would have said, "Well then I guess you won't be wearing one either." LOL.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah. Or, "Well, you need to not be an asshole to get my business. Maybe you should try a different field".</div>
  • Wow...that is so uncalled for and b*tchy! I cannot believe someone who's job it is to make people happy would have the balls to say something like that.

What a terrible comment!

I also looked at your pictures. Maybe she's jealous of how pretty you are!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_rude-lady-bridal-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:752932ab-6769-455c-8c65-f0fd3d3fd7a3Post:d4a33160-6351-4dbc-9def-833ea01560ca">Re: rude lady at bridal shop</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are not overreacting. Who the hell says that?  Don't give them any of your business, and <strong>tell the brides on your local board to avoid them as well</strong>.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

100% AGREE with this. I would even go as far as complaining to her manager. How embarrassing for you.  I just want to B**** slap her for you!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sheesh.  It's amazing people with so little tact are allowed to work in a customer-facing field.  Ditto opalsky, 100%
  • Woah...agreed with everyone, make sure you tell people!
  • i agree with everyone else too!

definitely call the salon and complain about her!  (maybe the owner will give you a FREE mantilla veil!)

if nothing results from the complaints...definitely let your local board know.  that is definitely uncalled for!
  • that's TERRible!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • You are definitely not overreacting! That was awful of her to say to you! You may also want to call and speak to a manager about her as I'm sure they don't want someone like that working at their store!
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • I looked at your pictures and I think you're a doll, but that is not the point. She is obviously an unhappy person. I would definitely post it on your local board, but then I would just let it go! No use letting her ruin any part of your wedding! Hope this is the end of your bad service!
  • You are beautiful.  Don't let this rude, horrible lady try to convince you otherwise.  

Wear whatever kind of veil your heart desires. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_rude-lady-bridal-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:752932ab-6769-455c-8c65-f0fd3d3fd7a3Post:04a820fc-741f-42d3-8be8-a40875a3f557">Re: rude lady at bridal shop</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rude lady at bridal shop : 100% AGREE with this.<strong> I would even go as far as complaining to her manager</strong>. How embarrassing for you.  I just want to B**** slap her for you!!
    Posted by Arayx2[/QUOTE]

This, no doubt.  I would get that woman repremanded/fired for being so rude.
  • You're gorgeous.  I would definitely call the manager and post on your local board about them. 

FYI--the bridal salon I got my dress at reads theknot and saw my review of them on my local board.  I was talking to the owner about my dress, and she mentioned it and thanked me (it was very positive).  I'm not saying that to get you to tone down your post on your local board if you do one, but I didn't want you to be surprised if you call the manager and s/he says something about it. 
  • WOW!  Not okay.  I did not like bridal shops either, and even one of mine was very snotty, but no one was out of line like that.  so sorry.
    Photobucket
  • I agree with those who said to complain to the manager (hopefully she wasn't it). A good manager would want to know one of the employees is losing business for them with her rude behavior.
  • Ditto, ditto, ditto to all of the above.

You = beautiful
    She = evil troll
    7.23.11Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary
  • WHOA!!!! I would have said, "Well I guess you didn't wear one like that to your wedding either."

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • I'd call and cuss out the owner...
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can't believe anyone woudl say this to another person. Being a bride is supposed to be a happy time! I say wear what ever the hell kind of veil you want and it will look lovely because it's your wedding day and your in love. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_rude-lady-bridal-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:752932ab-6769-455c-8c65-f0fd3d3fd7a3Post:605de367-9748-4bb9-80dc-d37f34542e83">Re: rude lady at bridal shop</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd call and cuss out the owner...
    Posted by AJF021410[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend this, I would call the owner but not cuss them out if it was just an employee that was so rude. I would definately not let it slide though, speak to the owner and see what they are going to do about it. that is totally uncalled for and their absolutely nothing wrong with the way you look. Wow that is some nerve.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The thing is she IS the owner of the store...so...

Thank you all for your support
  • SHE WAS THE OWNER?!!!  OMG bash away, beautiful.  I'd blacklist them with allllll the local brides if I were you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_rude-lady-bridal-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:752932ab-6769-455c-8c65-f0fd3d3fd7a3Post:90e9de23-c05e-494e-a255-cd2a518a2b73">Re: rude lady at bridal shop</a>:
    [QUOTE]The thing is she IS the owner of the store...so... Thank you all for your support
    Posted by samantha.coates[/QUOTE]

I would seriously file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and if you wanted to go further, I would even contact your local news or paper and see if they'd run a story.
  • What a rotten bitch!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards