Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

A fun idea.....maybe?

My wedding is this coming October. For pictures, I always thought the ones with the ladies showing off their shoes was a good idea. With my wedding only being a week and a bit before Halloween (and I'll have picture accessability by then) I was thinking of buying fun Halloween-ish shoes & socks for myself and my 4 bridesmaids (and flower girl too).
Has anyone done this or know of anyone who has?! I would like to show them that I'm not crazy and that it is fun!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A fun idea.....maybe?

• Options
    I agree with Lucy. Maybe just the socks for a photo, and then they can put their regular shoes back on?
  • Options
    Just because your wedding is close to Halloween doesn't mean you need to incorporate Halloween into your wedding.  What exactly do you mean by Halloween shoes? 
  • Options
    If it's just for the picture, then I'm thinking maybe that would be okay but not to wear for the entire time. Honestly, you'd have to bring it up to your bridesmaids & flower girl and gauge their reactions-----you can't really force them to do anything, no matter how good of an idea you think it is.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd agree with just the socks, and maybe shoe clips? I'm sure you can find cheap Halloweenthemed ones somewhere, and the girls can take them off after the photo if they don't like them. You could ask them to wear regular black shoes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Unless you're wedding is Halloween themed, I would skip this. No offense, but I think it's tacky and has nothing to do with your wedding. I'm all for the "shoe shot", but not with black socks with jack o lanterns all over them.

• Options
    If you really love Halloween, a shot in Halloween socks would be cute, but I wouldn't have Halloween shoes on my girls for the entire wedding, especially if the rest of the wedding isn't Halloween-themed.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_fun-ideamaybe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:76aee7e8-927e-4df0-b48d-43f1a02737acPost:943c7e92-1fb8-487d-bdde-f3768050135b">Re: A fun idea.....maybe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you really love Halloween, a shot in Halloween socks would be cute, but I wouldn't have Halloween shoes on my girls for the entire wedding, especially if the rest of the wedding isn't Halloween-themed.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
  • Options
    Well, the girls wouldnt be wearing them for the whole day(where did I say they would be?!). Just the one picture. And they all think it would be fun since they know I'm a freak about Halloween.

I don't even know why I said Halloween shoes....I just meant socks. I guess thats what happens when you're dead tired and you ask for advise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards