Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Neckless with a Halter Dress??

Is it alright to wear a neckless with a halter dress?  Or will it just look tacky?  I'm thinking I should just stick to earings, headpeice and possibly a bracelet.  Any ideas?

Re: Neckless with a Halter Dress??

• Options
    I don't like necklaces with halters.  Wear bolder earrings to take to focus up.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't think a necklace would look tacky (depends on the necklace, of course), but you could definitely skip it and just do earrings and a hairpiece.
  • Options
    I think a very simple necklace would work, but I also think it would be better to go with bold earrings & a hairpiece. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I think if you're neckless, a halter dress just isn't going to work.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I don't like necklaces with halters at all.  I think moving the focus to earrings and headpiece is the way to go.
  • Options
    I wore a necklace with my halter dress.  I contemplated not having one, but when I tried my dress on at the final fitting without one, I felt like I needed it.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree--bolder earrings would work best.  If you feel like you really want to wear one, why not try a choker?  Then the dress and necklace would not detract from each other.  Chokers on ribbon are very comfortable.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • Options
    I am wearing a halter dress and am wearing a larger veil and longer earrings instead of a necklace -- I just don't like the way they look together.  It also depends on your dress. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_neckless-halter-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:777d95ff-70e8-4187-a43a-d988f67a4bd3Post:37bde44a-b84e-46ce-9128-81e6b689c678">Re: Neckless with a Halter Dress??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you're neckless, a halter dress just isn't going to work. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

LOL! That was my thought, too! I was like, oh- What is THIS post about?! LOL!

That said, yeah, I think something on your ears, wrist and hair will be just fine- you don't want to overdo it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards