Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

David's Bridal dress

hi!
anyone have any experience with the Torrance, CA location?
i purchased my dress over labor day weekend....and they said it would take approx 8 weeks to get here. just got an email saying that the dress was already here! is this something i should worry about? am i getting an old dress?
also, how is their alteration department???

any input would be great!!!!
thanks ladies...and congratulations!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal dress

• Options
    Try checking yelp.com to see if anyone's posted reviews about your location.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2010

I think that's just worse case scenario and a sales tactic. They told me my dress would be in on 10/13 and my BM dresses would be in 10/4 when we ordered on 8/22, I got an email saying all my dresses were in on 9/3 except 2 (total of 8 dresses). Don't worry your dress is brand new! As far as alterations I've heard good and bad about DB's alterations. We decided to have our alterations done by someone else because their prices were a little steep.

HTH

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would absolutely inspect the dress when you pick it up. You should be receiving a new gown, but I have heard of instances where a sample gown is delivered by mistake, and once you take it out of the store, they won't replace it.

I would look for an independent seamstress, as David's tends to be expensive for alterations. Check your local board (links are in the top left) or look on yelp for reviews.
  • Options
    My SSIL had a really awful DB experience, but I can't remember if it was the Torrance or Long Beach location...  I highly recommend the one in Brea, especially if you ask for Leah as a consultant, she's amazing.  I also did my alterations through that location and had no complaints.  (And I purchased it at the Burbank location because that's the one that had my size in stock, so taking it to another of their stores for alterations isn't a problem.)

Generally, DB dresses aren't custom made.  I doubt you're getting a sample if you placed a new order, but you're probably not getting something that just popped out of the sewing machine.  Definitely inspect it on the spot.  The dress I bought from them was a sample, so they offered a free bead-and-press service where they pressed the gown and repaired any wear and tear from their end (like a small popped seam and a couple of missing sequins) at no charge.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    mine was two weeks early too, I think they tell you the longest it could possibly be and that way you plan for worst case scenario
  • Options
    They said my dress wouldn't be here til Sept and I got it in June. I think they just tell you a longer time in case it does take that long their covering their butts!!!
  • Options
    my sister ordered her DB dress labor day weekend and she was told yesterday that hers was in as well.  i thought that was nuts, but, maybe this is a slower time of year...and hers was the same size as the sample, and i'm sure in the football stadium sized warehouse where they make and store the dresses they had a bunch of them.  she was told it would be in first week of nov...

kinda sucks though, her wedding isn't until may, now we have to store it somewhere until then!  we hadn't really thought about it since we didn't expect it this early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards