Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

hot in dress

I just had my first fitting and my dress is very warm on my legs. It's fitted to my thighs and then goes out in an a-line. I was very warm in the store the day we picked it out but they told   me that all brides are warm and that a brand new dress would be fluffed out more and wouldn't be stuck on my legs as much as the sample was.
Well fast forward to the fitting and I was still hot - just below the waist. Underneath, the dress has the built in (I'm assuming) polyester layer and then tulle. I don't know what to do. My dress needs to be taken in and hemmed so I'm waiting for the second fitting to address the heat issue to see if there is anything we can do. My only thought is to remove everything under the dress and buy a separate poufy slip to wear under it that may be cooler?

Has anyone had similar issues? if so, what did you do?
Anniversary

Re: hot in dress

• Options
    I've heard about the talcum powder, but this is my entire leg as well and i don't want to keep re-applying powder all night
    Anniversary
  • Options
    There is a recent post over on the etiquette board with some more recommendations about this, but I don't know how to link to it!  The ladies were suggesting wearing bike shorts or using a product called Body Glide so your thighs don't stick together.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    Another idea (depending on the size of your dress) is a small hoop skirt to keep the fabric off your legs and give you a little air movement under there. My dress is heavy, thick satin with lots of pretty pickups (show below but an extra petticoat instead of the hoop), and I got very hot when trying it on. I did try on a dress that had a small hoop skirt built in that was the same level of poofiness and I was MUCH cooler in that one because nothing was sticking to my legs. I am going to purchase a hoop skirt (can be found online for $35-60) to wear under my gown to keep me cool and keep my dress away from my heels. If I were you, I'd go back to your dress store and ask to try on a small hoop skirt with it and see if that helps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards