New Hampshire
Options

2 checks down! A little lengthy...

So we went for our cake testing this weekend....so yummy! I think it was our favorite appointment yet! We went to Jaques Pastries in Suncook as our cake was included in our package, but we decided to upgrade our cake a little it.  We are having a woodsy/hiking kind of themse to our wedding ( we have trees and green things everywhere!) and they had a cake that looked like a birch tree and it has sugar leaves and pinecones on it with our inititals "carved" in the side. So cute!  It's going to be 3 tiers and we are going to have our tier (the top) and the bottom tier the same flavors: almond cake with amaretto buttercream filling, and the middle tier is lemon cake with lemon buttercream filling.  FI and I said we are going to dream of our cake for the next year!

Our second check is pretty cool too.  FI's uncle is a florist, but the centerpieces for the reception were included in our wedding package from another florist, so Susanne's flowers in Hampstead will be doing our centerpieces and FI's uncle will be doing everything else.  We are getting married 8/13/2011 and our colors are green with a little bit of bright pink.  She is going to do our centerpieces in gerbera daisys in pinks and some in coraly oranges so it looks like "late summer going into fall" and then to work in the green she is going to put green berries in the mix too.  She even wrote down the grower so that we can tell FI's uncle so he can use the same flowers and everything! She even offered to help FI's uncle set up his flowers and gave us her contact info to give him in case he needs help with anything! I thought that was really nice and professional of her to be willing to work with another florist!

FI and I are so happy that things seem to be coming together so quickly! FI evewn mentioned that he wants to shop for wedding bands soon! Oooh.... Laughing
Anniversary

Re: 2 checks down! A little lengthy...

• Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome checks!! I showed my FI a picture of that cake and he fell in love with it. That was what launched my tree/ rustic elegance theme. I can't wait until we do the cake tasting and what not. 
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    Jacques cake is AMAZING!  We dreamed of ours the whole year as well!  And congrats on the flowers, those sound pretty.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks!!
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved cake tasting.  :-)
    Congrats on some great checks.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome checks!!! The "pretty" and "tasty" checks were my favorite ones :) 

I like the woodsy theme cakes, they are so cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay congrats on the checks!!
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! Our cake is from Jacques, too! (Lemon, lemon buttercream and rasp. preserves; and chocolate, choc. ganache and orange preserves) Deeeelish!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I love the cake you chose from Jacques. A bride on this board a long time ago had that cake (I think I remember seeing pics of it!). The flowers sound fantastic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got the one-tier version of that cake for her parents' anniversary party and it was beautiful! I thought it was so elegant, but rustic and had lots of character, too! Also, growing up about a mile from Jacques, we got quite a few cakes there for various events.  My family was always pleased with the service, the results, and the cakes! They are great with really listening to what you want (the same friend and I designed our co-cake for h.s. graduation). Glad to hear you had a good experience!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards