Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Update from previous posts re. David's dress hunt - now with more PIP!

Hello, ladies! I'm back! Just to refresh memories from a few days ago, here's some CN:
- Swore I wasn't going to David's Bridal for my dress shopping
- Stumbled over an Oleg Cassini on the DB website, fell in love with it and promptly ate my words
- Posted here fretting about whether or not to pursue said dress in light of all the DB horror stories I've heard
- Decided to go try it on, promptly fell in love with it more
- Decided to bring MOB, MOH, MOG and my godmother to check it out and confirm my suspicions that it was, in fact The Dress

We had our appointment today, and long story short, I said yes!! And since you girls asked for pics of me in the dress, I made sure to get a few. Pardon the quality on some of them, since they're all cell phone pics. 

Fully accessorized with a veil and headpiece I didn't end up getting.

Closer up, loving the sweetheart neckline and the detailing on the bodice!

And the back, with its sexy little v-shape and the perfect length train.

And as an added bonus, my mom found her dress, too! I don't have any pictures of that, unfortunately, nor could I find it on the DB website because I think it's being discontinued. It's pewter taffeta with black lace and beading, and a little jacket over it. I'm so happy she found something she loved so quickly, because she was really worried about looking like a frumpy MOB. :)

Overall, my DB experience was better than I thought it would be. The staff were nice, though frequently MIA - especially today, it was a ZOO in there! But we really didn't need a consultant to do anything more for us than just pull the dresses and put in the order for us, so that was okay. And I've already got a couple recommendations for seamstresses, so when the dress comes in, I'll just take it home with me and not have to worry about working with their alterations department.

Thanks again to everyone who responded to my last couple of threads - you have all been a great help!
October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards