Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Opinions between two suits please!! (PIP)

We are getting married September 1 at a rustic/outdoor/barn venue. I am partial to one of these and my fiance likes the other (I won't say which to stay neutral!). The middle is the bridesmaid dress that is already ordered (navy with a dusty pink). What do you girls think? Lighter gray or charcoal? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Opinions between two suits please!! (PIP)

• Options
    My girls are wearing a pale pink and I'm big on light greys but, personally, with how dark the dress is, I think it looks nicer with the dark suit.
  • Options
    Well, I'm partial to the one of the left because that's what our guys are wearing.  Have you seen it in person?  I would describe it as more charcoal than lighter grey...it's darker than it looks in that stock photo.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I saw the one on the left and thought the satin had an odd greenish tone to it.  Have you seen them in person?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I didnt' vote. When you described your venue I immediately went for the lighter suit, but then when you said the middle picture was your bridesmaids' dress I thought "that's odd" and I think the darker suit goes better with the dress. So I'm torn. Do you want the suit to match the dress? Dark. The venue? Light. That's my opinion. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_opinions-between-two-suits-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:82f37a7f-f055-49bf-98bf-e04577de0a62Post:0bd9972c-a0cf-43b7-bea9-d2c47599aa05">Re: Opinions between two suits please!! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didnt' vote. When you described your venue I immediately went for the lighter suit, but then when you said the middle picture was your bridesmaids' dress I thought "that's odd" and I think the darker suit goes better with the dress. So I'm torn. <strong>Do you want the suit to match the dress? Dark. The venue? Light. </strong>That's my opinion. 
    Posted by egeurts[/QUOTE]

<div align="left">Thanks for your thoughts! I have seen the lighter suit in person and it is much lighter than the photo, which is why I'm thinking the darker one will be lighter as well. The shop we are ordering from didn't have a sample for the dark one. As for the venue/dress matching... I'd rather match the dress because that will reflect more in pictures than matching the venue.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I voted for the lighter one. I think if you go too dark it will clash with the dark blue. I'm not a fan of dark blue and dark charcoal/black together. The lighter gray will make the blue pop a little more.
  • Options
    I'm always a fan of charcoal.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards