Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

opinions needed, tea length bridal grown

so, there is this beautiful dress i fell in love with thats a tea length in the front, and tapers down to the floor in the back. i always thought of my dress to be long, but its so hard to not like this dress. our wedding is late september of next year, and will be outdoors, which i think is perfect for the venue. i think its also convienent that i dont have to bustle the thing up, and will be able to move freely and dance in it.

what do you guys think about the idea of a shorter dress? i feel like its coming more into style now, its traditional but modern at the same time.
In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker

Re: opinions needed, tea length bridal grown

• Options
    I love the look of tea length wedding dresses, particularily that one. That was one of my top choice going into shopping. I tried on a different tea length dress at David's, but I'm only 5'1" so it seemed a bit unproportional on me and I ended up with a lace full length Casablanca dress. I think if you really like it you should definitely try it on.
  • Options
    My dress is a tea length dress.  I absolutely loved most of the tea length dresses I tried on, and they were very flattering on me.  I think that if it's what you want, you should go for it!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    love it! i actually wanted a tea length dress but couldnt find one.
  • Options
    I adore it.  And obviously you do too.  Wear what you love and feel good in!  My dress is a high-low style, too!!!! I was the same way -- I was very reluctant because I always pictured myself in a certain type of gown... but I tried on the tea length dress and absolutely adored it.  Wear what you are happy in, I'm sure you'll look beautiful.
  • Options
    I'm not normally fond of shorter bridal gowns, but that one is fan-effing-tastic. I say go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It will definitely work if you have a more casual wedding setting -- I wouldn't wear it if you're going to have an ultraformal wedding, but you don't seem like that's the angle you're looking for.

Buy it!  And get yourself a pair of really fabulous shoes to show off with that short hem!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I chose "no" because I prefer very large ball gowns, than I saw the picture and it was definitely not what I had pictured when you described it! It's beautiful and if you feel good in it than go for it.
  • Options
    If you feel good in it and it suits the vibe you're going for, go for it...agree with pp's that you would need fabulous shoes since the dress shows them off so nicely :-)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I think it is so pretty!! I would go for it!
  • Options
    I had ordered a tea length dress from unique vintage but it didn't fit the way I wanted so i sent it back. They have a great selection of cute stuff! You can return within a short window so try it on and send it back quickly if you don't like it! They credited my card about a week after I returned it.

http://www.unique-vintage.com/fancy-york-wedding-dresses1950s-style-shoulder-belted-length-wedding-dress-p-7299.html
  • Options
    I actually considered that dress! I ended up finding a mermaid dress @ a department store and using that. I also bought a short dress to "party" in. Good luck! But, yes, I'll be another person to say that dress is hot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not normally a huge fan of tea lenght dresses BUT I think this one is SUPER cute!  I would go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks ladies!
    i ended up buying it, and bought some really cute metallic flats from banana republic to go with it. i love it!!
    In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker
  • Options
    That is a beautiful dress!! Go for it! It is YOUR day after all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards