Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veils with my hair style?

Do you think a type of up-do looks best with a certain type of veil?

Attached is my friend whom I am planning on borrowing her veil from for my wedding. Notice that her veil goes straight down the back as opposed to framing the face.

My hair will be all up in a "princessey" style.. not loose like her hair is. My dress is strapless, sweetheart neckline and has a poofy tulle bottom.

Should I stick with this veil or look for a face framing veil like the second picture?

I am not sure if I am going to wear the veil below my hair or above my up-do. Suggestions are welcome on this also based on the 2 veil styles I have picked out.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veils with my hair style?

• Options
    I would wear it below your updo.  My friend spent a ton of money on an updo and then put the veil above it, totally obstructing the view of her hair.  Originally, she thought she was only going to wear the veil for the ceremony and take it off for the reception, but she liked the veil so much that she didn't take it off.  So she spent a lot of money on an updo that no one saw.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    I wore an elbow length veil and had an up-do. The best thing you can do is take it to your hair trials and let your stylist experiement with it while she experiements with hair styles. I wore it on the top of my head (with blusher) for the ceremony and moved it to the back of my head for the reception. It was custom made and pretty expensive, so there was no way I wasn't going to wear it the entire night. Pics in bio if you want to see.
  • Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2010
    I agree with MissySue - definitely do a dry run with your hairstylist.

For what its worth I wore a 2 layer fingertip veil and had a french twist w/ a little height at the crown.  My hair is horribly fine so I wanted it all pulled back, because the pretty half-up w/ curls look would have fallen flat on me in 10 minutes.

Here's a pic - my stylist attached the veil to the crown of my head and it fell straight back without framing my face.  By the way, Garcias is right, if you wear your veil like this nobody will see your updo - so if you really want people to see that wear it low.  The only thing with that is if you wear it too low you might not be able to wear a blusher (if you wanted one) .

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards