Attire & Accessories Forum

Haha good thing I wasn't planning on wearing heels...

I bought my dress last weekend during a Lazaro trunk show so I got all custom length for free.  I'm 6'4" and while I was planning on wearing flats or a low heel all along, I decided that I might as get 3 inches of extra length since it was free and it would keep my options open (I would pay for the hemming but I assumed I would have to do that anyways since I hadn't decided on shoes yet).

So when it was all said and done I ordered custom length at 67" hollow to hem. 

My stylist called today from the salon and said the maximum length Lazaro does is 66".  Obviously I wasn't upset since I really don't think I'll use that inch anyways but I did find it a sign of relief that a) I'm not taller and b) I don't really like heels!

So I guess this is kind of a warning to taller girls than me (or tall-ish girls who like heels) to check with designers if they only do a certain maximum length!

Re: Haha good thing I wasn't planning on wearing heels...

• I'm only 5'4, so I don't have to worry about length, however, I am not wearing heels either!  My dress will definitely have to be hemed for sure, good luck with your dress, hope it fits how you want!
    -brooke
  • At 6`4``  I`m guessing you`ll be able to carry off any style!
  • Haha thanks...I just thought it was funny they stopped at a certain length!  To me it just seems like it's just adding fabric to the end lol.

Abelkins, I don't blame anyone for wearing flats ever no matter how tall or short they are!  My feet just kill after a couple hours in heels so I say wear what's comfortable.  It will all look great in the end anyways :-)

• I agree, comfort is key, especially on the big day! :)
    -brooke
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards