Attire & Accessories Forum

Purchase wedding dress online?!

I am planning my wedding on a budget, yet I have expensive taste. So I have decided to go dress shopping to find the dress that I love, but not purchase it in the store. I will search for it online to see if I can purchase it cheaper somehow. Do a lot of brides do that? or is it too risky??

Re: Purchase wedding dress online?!

• If you are able to try the dress on in person and then find it online for a better price, you can do that but dont forget you'll still have to find somwhere local for alterations.

I would prefer dealing with someone in person to ordering it online.
  • Ditto baystateappl.

If you are looking for a designer gown, I would definitely know what you are getting into. Also, in my case when I bought my designer gown from a local boutique, they had a sale going on that if you paid it in full, you got 15% off, so that helped me out. Also, if you go designer, they will usually take all of your measurements and have it fit to you. Sometimes you can even get away without having alterations. I don't know if the online sites allow you to do this bc I have never done it before, but just something to think about. Good luck
  • I ordered my dress from netbride.com and save around $500 off my Demetrios Dress.  It's not here yet (will be here in two weeks yay!) but so far working with them has been so nice.  The woman who handles all the ordering and processing is super nice and patient and really great about answering all my questions.  I was nervous about ordering online too, and she helped calm my fears!  They have a store in texas somewhere, so I know they are actually a legit reseller of designer dresses, not just someone making copies of them.  You should look there and see if they have what you want.
  • I also ordered my dress from Jay's bridal...it was only $100 cheaper than if I had ordered it in the store, but I got $40 towards shoes, $150 towards a veil/headpiece, free shipping, and no sales tax so I ended up saving way more than just that $100.

My dress isn't scheduled to be in until mid-July, but I did a lot of researching and didn't find anyone who really had anything to say about Jay's.

Pearl's Place comes highly recommended, as well.
  • I ordered my dress online from a wedding shop in Minnesota saved about 3 hundred dollars plus no taxes. It was hard finding someone to do the alterations, when I finally did find someone experienced in wedding dress alterations I paid a lot more than had I ordered my dress from a local vender and had the alterations done there. Bottom line I didn't save any money.
  • I ordered my dress from pearlsplace.com - a real brick and mortar store in Louisiana that happens to do a huge online business as well.  As long as you order through a website that is a "real" store and is listed as an authorized retailer on the dress designer's website, you should be fine, and save a ton of money!  just make sure you do try the dress on in person at a salon before you order online, so that you know you like it on you and what size to order. Good luck!
  • kbj88kbj88 member
    First Comment
    I bought my dress on ebay from a company in china who makes designer replica gowns. It cost me $140. When i got it in the mail it fit perfectly, the only thing is there were a couple threads that needed trimming but I cant say I complain.  I wouldnt have done it any other way.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/White-embroidery-wedding-Dress-Bridal-gowns-Size-8-/230422031375?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wedding_Dresses&hash=item35a6392c0f

this is the gown i bought. the seller has many other dresses, but ebay has lots of other sellers to choose from. the only thing i suggest is check feedback. Hope i helped.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards