Attire & Accessories Forum

Bought My Dress But Need Your Help!!!!

Hi Girls! This is my first time posting on here! But I bought my dress!!! So excited. Here's a link: 

However I'm having it custom altered to a sweetheart neckline. And adding pockets and a big sash with a bow on the side in place of the current one. Now I just need to decide on the type of sweetheart! Here are the two necklines I'm considering:

so which one do you think?! I'm driving myself CRAZY!!!!!!
~Destin Bride~06/17/2012~

Re: Bought My Dress But Need Your Help!!!!

• Very pretty dress!! I'm thinking the second option. The pic in the second option seems to be similar to your dress but either one would be beautiful!
  • I also like the second option. But I reall LOVE your dress :)
  • I like the second one better also.  Pretty gown!
  • I also like the second option better! Very pretty dress!
  • thanks!!!! I just showed FI the necklines to see what he thought (he hasn't seen my gown of course) and he went with option 1, probably bc of more cleavage. haha.
  • yeah I like option 1 better..i prefer the deeper V. You're not going to lose the lace work of your dress, are you? like you're not replacing the whole top part, just either getting a deep sweetheart, or a more subtle one? it's hard to tell..
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • i like the 2nd one.. it looks like you wont lose any of the lace on the top if you use the 2nd one..
    Sept 2011 Feb...
    imageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the first one. I also think it looks nice the way it is now, I wouldn't change it if I were you but I would go with the first one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bought-dress-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:905e663e-6736-4ab7-8c31-b7d13a754756Post:84706ec3-0f5a-49aa-967f-340810aa74c4">Re: Bought My Dress But Need Your Help!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah I like option 1 better..i prefer the deeper V. You're not going to lose the lace work of your dress, are you? like you're not replacing the whole top part, just either getting a deep sweetheart, or a more subtle one? it's hard to tell..
    Posted by futuremrseagle[/QUOTE]

<div>Right - the lace will still be there, just the cut will change. So i'll still have all the detail, just a lower neckline.</div>
  • I  REALLY like it the way it is now I think it works with the higher empire waist. But if you for sure changing it, go with number 2. I think too deep of a v close to the waistline would be too much. I don't think I would have the guts to try and change it too much.
  • THANKS!!! You girls gave such great feedback. It is so nice to get some other viewpoints :-D I'll let you know what i decide - ultimately my fave one is this one: 

I'm obsessed with Amsale dresses but they were double my budget! Maybe they can change my neckline to the one in the link!!! :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards