Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

maggie sottero online store

has anyone ever ordered from:
maggiegownsonline.com??

there is a maggie dress i love that i would like to find a little cheaper, i have checked netbride, kijiji, and called several stores but either no one has it or it is around the same price.  this store claims they are an authorized dealer, but i'm still skeptical!

Re: maggie sottero online store

• Options
    Jay's Bridal, Pearl's Place, Netbride, and RK Bridal are all authorized retailers of dresses they sell.  If you look on these sites and they're not as low as the site you're asking about then your site's a knockoff.  Maggie dresses have a set bottom price that no one can go under (if they're an authorized retailer).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thanks ladies, i guess if its too good to be true it probably is!
    from what i can tell from other stores/sites there is only about a $300 range in price (the dress was 1475 in the store, 1185+shipping was the cheapest i've seen it online)
    i'm guessing it won't get much cheaper then that from an authorized dealer?
  • Options
    If the dress is out of your budget, consider looking for it used?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options

i would love to find it used, i have no objections to that!  i have checked kijiji, craigslist, local wedding forums and used dress sites and no luck :(
    however, there is still quite a bit of time before the order 'deadline' from the store, so i can hope it shows up used before then!
    otherwise, its only a little over budget and i'm sure i can trim the spending in a few other areas to make it work!  

• Options
    Good luck finding it!  I hope it turns up before your order deadline.  Which Maggie is it?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    which maggie dress are you looking for and what size we may be able to help you find one
  • Options
    it's maggie sottero rachael (A3408) size 8 in ivory.
    I live in Toronto Canada, but my sister is in NY so US stores/shipping are no problem! 
    if there are any used avenues that i haven't yet explored let me know!
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • Options
    That's my dress! The MSRP is $1185 (well 11-something, I can't remember exactly). The store showed me the price list from Maggie to explain why they couldn't go any lower on price (so I get my $300 veil for free). You cannot get a new, real Maggie Rachael for less than that. You could see if anyone would sell you the sample.

I don't plan on selling mine. Sorry.

Check out this thread of Wedding Bee. Quite a few people over their have the dress. You could try contacting some of them. I know that there a a lot of people on WeddingBee with this dress, even not in that thread.

Also if you end up ordering it from the store, tell them you know what MSRP is and that you want it for that. Apparently some people have paid up tp $1500 for the dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards