Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Floor Sample and Discount

The boutique where I bought my gown has a satin clutch that I decided to buy when I went for my first fitting a few days ago. The owner said she would order it for me but she wasn't sure it would be delivered in time. She said that if it looked like it wasn't going to come in before the wedding, she would pull the sample for me. I asked whether I would pay full price for the sample, and she said she would discount it 10%. 

I can buy the purse online today from Nordstrom for the same price and will almost certainly get it before the wedding (unless it's back-ordered or something). I was kind of surprised that the boutique owner didn't offer a larger discount on  the sample.

What would you do? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Floor Sample and Discount

• Options
    I would tell her you no longer need the display purse because you found that you could purchase it from Nordstrom for the same price and it'll be here in time for the wedding. Perhaps maybe then she would offer you a cheaper price. But then again you also have to factor in shipping costs and all that from Nordstrom. And if you were to pay for expedited shipping you'd be paying much more than you'd be paying if you purchased the display. Make sense?
  • Options
    If you do go the sample route, I would make sure the sample is ok.  If there is beading, is it all there?  Does the fabic look ok?  Any snags?  Etc....
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would just purchase online from Nordstrom. They have free shipping and you'll likely have your clutch within 10 days
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Purchase it from Nordstrom. It will be fresh and new and untouched.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thank you, everyone! Ordered it from Nordstorm, and it was actually less (with the free shipping), than the sample with the 10% discount!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards