Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Insulin Pump Girls Question

Hey Gals,
Anyone else wearing an insulin pump? What are you planning on doing with it under that big white dress?

I'm thinking of either sticking it in my bra and using the remote control to bolus or strapping it to a leg so I can get at it if I need to. I just don't want it making a little bump and being noticable, grh!

Michelle

Re: Insulin Pump Girls Question

• Options
    What type of dress are you looking at or have? If you have a ball gown or full A line, maybe the pump wouldn't show under the dress.  Especialy if if has a "natural" waist line then flares out. You could then put the bolus button under your garter.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think the thigh/garter area will be easiest for you. you could just pop into the bathroom, hit the bolus button, then pop back out. easier than popping a boob out.

and you know what? even if there is a little bump, I don't think people will care. the people you're inviting love you and know you, and I doubt that it will be a big deal for any one (including you on the day of) if your pump is slightly noticeable. but I don't use an insulin pump. however, I do wear a hearing aid, and it will show up in pictures. oh well, the hearing aid is a part of me and who I am, as the pump is a part of you and who you are.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I know I've seen this question before, I can't remember if it was here or Offbeat Bride...  If you look on Etsy, you can find sellers who actually make garters specifically for insulin pumps.  I know the girls on whichever thread I read before had some other suggestions, but I can't remember what they were.  :/
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

I wore an insulin pump with my dress.  My bridal shop added a little pocket to the inside of the dress, a little bit lower than my hip.  It could not be seen at all.  I could easily go in the bathroom and gain access to it.  It worked very well and I never even noticed it being there.  I would worry about the garter falling down. 

The pump is on my right side and you can't see it at all.

• Options
    My sister had the same issue.  Her seamstress sewed in a little pocket to the inside of her dress so that it would be hidden.  She worried that wearing the leg strap would bother her all day so the seamstress came up with this solution
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that, but i'm going to ask my dress shop!

Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards