Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

buying online

It seems buying a gown on line from the numerous sites is way cheaper then a store bought dress.  I am on a tight budget, but don't want to have regrets.  Has anyone bought a dress online, and was it a positive or negative experience? I know one concern would be not trying it on.  Thanks for any input!

Re: buying online

• Options
    If you do buy your dress online make sure that it is through a reputable website.  Many of the discount wedding dresses online are knockoffs from China.  The motto, "you get what you pay for" applies when purchasing through these sights.

I will also second the concern of not trying the dress on.  Yes, it may look wonderful in pictures but every dress fits differently and this is one dress that you should try on before purchasing.

My suggestion is to look at pre-owned wedding dress sights where you could possibly still try the dress on at a store but buy it from a bride who has already worn it.  This way you know how it will fit and whether or not you are in love with it prior to purchasing.

• Options
    And Davids Bridal has dresses that they sell off the rack all the time.
    I would also second trying on a dress before you purchase it.
  • Options
    Please do not buy a dress from China. You'll more than likely end up in tears.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Read the faq at the top of this page. Don't buy a knockoff dress unless you have plenty of time and money to buy a replacement when that one breaks your heart.
  • Options
    I've bought a knockoff dress, and so far so good.  It needs some alterations, and a pettishirt to go under it, and my brother's seemstress girlfriend to look at it to be sure it's not going to fall apart, but so far I'm in love.  Lol.  If any of that changes I'll be sure to post that too.  That being said, I definitely took a chance, and I took it knowing I've tried on dresses in store that I could buy off the rack, and was sure I could find the same again.  I also tried on dresses in store and got a pretty good idea on what looked good on me.  I also bought from a vendor that had real customer reviews and they had all good reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What online site did you buy your dress on? I have been looking at some and the reviews are so mixed!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_buying-online-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:99a74cd8-3c25-4c41-b3c4-cd1112460cfaPost:5bb723fc-abac-4db2-8dc9-209562fabaa8">Re: buying online</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've bought a knockoff dress, and so far so good.  It needs some alterations, and a pettishirt to go under it, and my brother's seemstress girlfriend to look at it to be sure it's not going to fall apart, but so far I'm in love.  Lol.  If any of that changes I'll be sure to post that too.  That being said, I definitely took a chance, and I took it knowing I've tried on dresses in store that I could buy off the rack, and was sure I could find the same again.  I also tried on dresses in store and got a pretty good idea on what looked good on me.  I also bought from a vendor that had real customer reviews and they had all good reviews.
    Posted by vantica[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    my friends highly recommended 7foxmall.com. they are happy about the dresses they bought there. the staff is very hepful too.  they have a great experience buying from there. iif you are unsure which styles to go for, you should go to stores and try on the dresses first. 
    you should also ask for fabrics and colour sample so you know what you are getting. and to have your measurement taken by a professional.

below are two of the dresses they bought from there. the beading on the second one is really nice 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards