Attire & Accessories Forum

Need opinions on wedding dress sash

I'm havng a very indecisive moment. .. My wedding gown (Maggie Sottero's Ophelia in diamond white) has a lot of beaded detail, etc, so it certainly doesn't need any more embellishments, but I've always liked the idea of having a little splash of color. I was thinking about adding a very pale pink sash,  but I can't decide if it will look right with the dress, if it will be too much, or what...I played around with photoshop a little to get an idea of how it might look (pardon my amateur computer graphics skills :)   ... Any thoughts??  

Re: Need opinions on wedding dress sash

• I do not think a sash would be a plus to the dress. It looks lovely without one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
    The sash cheapens the look of the dress.  You don't need it.  The dress really is very pretty without it.
  • I'm not a fan of the sash with it.  Perhaps you can bring in some color with your shoes and accessories instead.
  • no sash. Doesn't look right on the dress IMO

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • I have a ton of beading on my dress, and I was thinking about just getting some crystal beads and adding them in a few places around the dress...something flashy enough that they would be seen but subtle enough that they look like the dress might have been designed that way??? I am not a fan of the sash with this dress.  It is beautiful without. 
  • I agree with everyone. Your dress is beautiful the way it is. How about a flower in your hair to give you that pop of color?
  • Well, I guess the general consensus is pretty clear!  So I think I will just do a few pale pink accessories instead of the sash.  and I may consider adding a few pink crystal beads to the dress - that 's a cool idea.  Thank you all for your advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards