Attire & Accessories Forum

Re: What do you girls think of this dress?

• Options
    a little plain for me, I like bling, but very pretty, with nice simple lines
  • Options
    I'm not sure I think I would need to see it on you. What color sash would you do?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The dress comes with the sash shown but in white.   I bought a thinner sash in lapis (dark purple) and we are trying to come up with different ways I could use it.  We talked about changing to the purple sash for the reception, or using both the white and purple for a bow in the back somehow.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_girls-think-of-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:9e678e04-299c-49ff-b057-5a9c410fb2c3Post:710c86bb-a340-4ad8-a19c-64964d0a7f21">Re: What do you girls think of this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you girls think of this dress? : Is the sash you bought wide at the bottom like the one on the model? If so, I think having some rhinestones added to the bottom (of the sash) would look really pretty.  The purple and white sashes together might look bulky around the middle.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

The purple sash is thinner, and not as long.  We were thinking having a super long sash during the reception would get annoying...
  • Options
    It has a very classic look to me. For me personally I wouldnt want another color on my dress. Its the only day in my life I get to wear a white dress and I want it to be all white. It might also be a little plain for me  . . I like some beading and bling!
  • Options
    My friend is letting me borrow her tiara from her wedding, which has pearls and bling on it.  My veil's also have pearls and bling on them.  I have a super long one that has crystals scattered on it (wearing for ceremony only), and i have an elbow length one that has cystals and pearls scattered on it as well (I'll wear this one the whole night).  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_girls-think-of-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:9e678e04-299c-49ff-b057-5a9c410fb2c3Post:afa7c700-811e-4cbd-b91a-2e05b756b042">Re: What do you girls think of this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you have the sash(es) incorporated into your bustle?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea.  I'll have to talk to my seamstress about that...
  • Options
    Good price, 5-5 reviews is good, I would like it without sash/color.
  • Options
    I think it is pretty basic, but simple. What kind of wedding are you having?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_girls-think-of-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:9e678e04-299c-49ff-b057-5a9c410fb2c3Post:e5b49275-bfd3-4125-b5e2-ffd8acb958d9">Re: What do you girls think of this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It has a very classic look to me. For me personally I wouldnt want another color on my dress. Its the only day in my life I get to wear a white dress and I want it to be all white. It might also be a little plain for me  . . I like some beading and bling!
    Posted by brianabrad[/QUOTE]

Well put.  I completely agree.  I'm not a fan of colors out of the ivory/champagne/white family on brides.

I think this dress is utterly classic and beautiful.  You could dress up your outfit with accessories like earrings, hair pieces/combs, or rhinestones on a belt/sash.

Very pretty!
  • Options

Here is a picture of me in the dress (it's a little big, so take that into consideration) with the small purple sash on the dress tied in the front instead of the back. 

• Options
    Looks nice :)  I think with the sash bow in the back (like on the DB website pic) might look better though.  Perhaps you could leave off the sash during the wedding and then wear the purple sash tied in back for the reception?  I am like one of the PP, I like all white for a wedding dress. 
  • Options
    I like this dress.  I'm not so into the beading and embroidery and stuff, so when I looked through what DB had to offer, I liked it. 

When I tried it on, not so much.  I still liked the look of it, but I didn't like the fit.  I prefer for the waist to be more cinched that this dress provided.  It didn't do anything for my curves.

In the picture you have, it doesn't really seem to do anything for yours either, but you say the dress is too big, so that could be why.  If you like the dress and you like the way it fits (when you have the proper size, of course!), I say go for it.  It's your wedding day-wear what makes you happy :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    I think it's pretty, but a bit plain. I feel like you couldfind soemthing that would play up your shape more.
  • Options
    It's pretty just a little plain for my taste.
  • Options
    Rather boring for my taste and not very flattering on your body. The sash isn't hitting you in the right spot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    THe question is how do YOU feel in the dress?  What do you think his reaction will be?  Do you even want to look at another dress, or can you not stop thinking about this one?
  • Options
    My honest opinion- you need to ditch that sad looking dark colored sash and go with the one the dress came with. The dark one does nothing for you, or for the dress.

Personally, this dress is not in my taste- I need me some tulle, beading and bling- however I LOVE the giant sash. I think that adds such a fun element to this dress! Use that and I think it'll make this dress look so much better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards