Attire & Accessories Forum

Timing for dress alterations?

So, I bought a dress. :) The wedding is 14 mo's away. I have a tendency towards fluctuating in weight, and being less than 110lbs, a few pounds make a huge difference in the fit of the dress. My questions is: When I should get the dress alternations done? Should I wait until a couple of mo's before the wedding?

The added complication here is that I bought the dress in Boston (where I live) but the wedding will be in France (where FI lives). We are also having an earlier wedding in Canada (where I'm from) but for that I'll be wearing a sari (as I am Indian). So, I don't know where to get the alterations done, either. I took the dress from the store without alterations as I thought I would be moving next month but now that's not the case.

Re: Timing for dress alterations?

• mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    I would have the first dress fitting about 6 - 8 weeks before you are going to wear the dress and the final fitting at 1 - 2 weeks before the wedding.  I would have the alterations done by someone that is near where you live and not at either of the destinations.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Exactly what PP said
  • Ditto pp. Bc then you have to think about how you are going to get it there. Is it being shipped or are you taking it with you on the plane?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards