Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil wearers, where are you placing/did uou place it?

I'm debating placing the comb under/over the updo.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veil wearers, where are you placing/did uou place it?

• Options
    My veil was a drop veil so it was place on the top.  

Are you planning on wearing your veil all night?  If not, talk with your stylist about what would be easiet to remove it after the ceremony so it doesn't mess with your hair.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm just going to wear it for ceremony & pics (waltz length). I also have a crystal headband (not a tiara, it's supposed to lay flat). I plan on having my veil made by an Etsy seller and was hoping to come to a decision on inches of length, which is determined by being under or over the hair :-) Of course I'm only 5' tall, so 4" is a big deal when it's calf length.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer veils placed over the updo (that is how I had mine).  I just think it looks weird when they are placed under the updo...not really sure why, but it just looks like it will fall out at any point.

• Options
    I have my hair half up half down and its going to be tucked under the half up part so once I take it out all my curls show.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How would you like it to look? I wanted it to be poofy so I sat it higher, above my updo. If you would rather have it fall straight down and over your shoulders, then underneath would work well. If you want your headband to be the focus then maybe your veil should be underneath. Do you want a blusher? That will make a difference too because you'll need extra length the lower it goes. TK has lots of pics if you want to see what it could look like. Good luck!
  • Options
    think about how you want it to fall on your shoulders.  if i put the comb at the crown (top of my head in the back), my single tier fingertip length veil fell perfectly on the front of my shoulders.  if i put it lower, it kept falling behind my shoulders and wouldn't stay in front.

personally i love the look of it in front, so i'm doing my hair so i can put the veil in the top. FWIW i'm doing a french braid type of style, with the front of my hair like PP's siggy pic...so the comb is going at the top of the braid - kind of where she had hers.
  • Options
    I think it depends on the veil and updo.  I'm wearing my hair in a low bun type updo, and my veil is chapel length.  I'm going to wear my veil over the updo, because it looks weird underneath.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't like it under the updo.  I watched one of the Knot's video thingies once and someone commented that putting it underneath makes it look like your updo is throwing up a veil!  Hahaha...made me laugh, but I think it's an accurate mental picture!
  • Options
    I will be having a low updo, and will be putting the veil over this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on.how I have my hair.

• Options
    Mine was placed right about the updo.  After the ceremony and the pictures I wanted to wear the veil in, I took it out and placed a headpeice in the updo on the right side.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm actually getting two veils. My jewelled/beaded is going under my uproar. Then my blusher ( which is plain simple piece of tulle so it won't create lines across my body) will go on top and that ill pull over my face walking down the isle so my dad can lift it back.
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Can't decide on birdcage or longer veil

• Options
    My veil is shoulder length and has a blusher, so i'm putting it over my updo.  I expect I'll take the veil off after pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll be wearing mine on the top. I don't like how it looks when it was on the bottom.
  • Options
    I agree really not a big fan of under it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards