New Hampshire

WTF Friday!

Ok, so this is a little something new. Another Mod (Hi Chayer!) saw this post on a FL board. So here goes - what went wrong this week? What is annoying you?

Post your gripes here because it is WTF Friday!

Re: WTF Friday!

• edited December 2011
    WTF to the glasses I spent over $200 on not looking right. I don't think I like them now. At least I have 30 days to return them. What a PITA.
  • edited December 2011
    So, yesterday was our dating anniversary. (6 years!)

I used Walmart.com and ordered a few wedding pictures for DH to frame and put in his cubicle.  I got to Walmart to ge them and the woman said, "There is a note here. Who took these pictures?"

I froze - I should have lied. "A photographer."

"Do you have the rights to them?"

"Yes, I even have the master disk in my car. I can go get it to show you."

"No, I need the paper copywright or you can't have these."

"You have got to be kidding me. They are my wedding pictures. I have the rights to them. Most everyone gets the right to their digital images now."

"Unless you can show me written proof you can't have these."

"Miss, you can call my photographer, I can show you the disk. We are only talking about 2 pictures here."

"It's an $8,000 fine if I give them to you."

(Calling her bluff) "Fine, then rip them up in front of me. Rip them up. I don't want you to have them either."

"Ok, I'll shred them."

She took out a friggin shredder and SHREDDED my 2 5X7s right in front of me.

WTF?Yell
  • edited December 2011
    1. I love that Gabs created a new paragraph every time someone spoke...I'm working on this with some of my students. It's painful.
    2. I would not have hesitated to smack her. What a biitch.  I feel your pain - we had the same issue with our e-pics. FFIL is going to print them for us (we hope).
  • edited December 2011
    Chica - I went to Target - no problems. My Mom has used Snapfish and ordered a TON of pictures - also no problem. The Walmart lady was clearly on an ego trip - she was the manager. (HUGE eye roll)
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting...the Target in Nashua told me they don't print anything larger than 5x7 (we are looking for 8x10). Snapfish it is! Thanks and see you tonight!!!Laughing

Back to WTF Friday...sorry for the thread hijack!
  • edited December 2011
    First of all, I had the same thing happen with a pic of DH's deceased dad, which we needed copied to display at the wedding...  WalMart in Maine was SO stupid...  The picture wasn't even an original, it had been photoshopped years ago to remove DH's mom when they needed a display photo at his funeral...  jerks.

My WTF is:  Why do the most horrible weeks go by so slowly?  Decent weeks seem to fly by for me, but this week was the longest ever....  WTF? 
    TGIF!!!Tongue out
  • mrussell1983mrussell1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss has not had a whole lot to do outside of the shop this week and has been hanging around my office. Normally I would not mind, but due to the struggling economy all he does in here when we are slow is mope around. What a downer. Times are tough, but sulking gets you no where. Suck it up buddy, it could be a lot worse right now!

Also, I have my daughter's school photos on a disc from the photographer and when my stepfather's mother went to walgreens to print a few they would not allow it. I have a great printer at home, but for my OOT family who want a copy emailed so they can print I have just been ordering from snapfish.
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are leaving Tuesday night with FIL's for NC to have Thanksgiving with their family. Wednesday night I get home (after working both jobs), and FI tells me that we have to get a hotel room because no one can put us up for 4 days. We've had this trip planned for months and now we have to spend extra money, which we weren't saving for or really have right now!?! Ughh
  • Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would just like to say:

WTF is wrong with parents?! Do NOT send you child to school when clearly s/he does not feel well and has a fever. Also, if your child has H1N1 KEEP THEM HOME! Stop infecting the rest of the day care!!

Here's to hoping that my son doesn't get it...

• edited December 2011
    So my FILs were visiting last night and FI forgot to mention this until the night before.  WTF!  I need warning when these people are coming.

I should also mention that FIs parents are Catholic, which is fine BTW, but have a hard time accepting the fact that we don't adhere to the same beliefs.  Well there is the Christian magazine called "Marriage" that they brought us an old copy of to read through.  The first article is called "12 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Get Married."  Umm...WTF!  All the articles are like, "this isn't going to be as easy as you think it is.  That initial flame goes away, etc."  No kidding.  We're pretty well aware, thanks.

The funniest part is that this magazine recommends waiting 3-4 years before getting married.  FI and I will have been together for over 4 yrs. by our wedding.  His parents, who are the ones who have the most objections, got married 13 months after the met

Ok, sorry that was so long.  End rant.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    WTF do teachers load the homework on the last 2 weeks of class. I mean I realize you had to cut your class from 10 weeks to 8 weeks but really a 10 pg paper, 3 chapters of reading, reading questions and an article critque for one class, not to mention the other class. And really we couldn't go an extra week into December we have to have class during friggin Thanksgiving! Yell I want to spend time with FI and family not do schoolwork.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • edited December 2011

I just have to say that WTF is my middle name Cool  I love this post!

FI has to go to a class for work in Canada.  He leaves Sunday A.M. comes home Wed night!  We have his 13yr old son staying with us.  If he doesnt do his HW he's going to deal with a little boot camp with Major PITA Me Yell  That's right straight up exercise while doing his homework.  Somehow he retains what he reads while he moves so it benefits him and its pretty much the only way I can get him off the couch. 

Maybe I'll even throw on some fatigues and get a whistle.  He hates that I'm a licenced teacher and try everything I read on him lol

• edited December 2011
    I like this :) we should alternate between WTF Fri/Dear FI

Anyway, 

Dear Foreign people at work: I understand its comforting to be able to speak to other people in your primary language, however, customers have complained that they think its rude and it also makes for a not so pleasant environment for your coworkers when you are speaking about others behind their backs. Please take that into consideration in the future.

Dear girls at job #2: PLEASE STOP STEALING MY CUSTOMERS. Seriously, WTF? I need to make referrals more than anyone seeing as how I have 1. Its not that I don't try, its just that the drive thru sucks. You have MANY, so I don't appreciate that while I am doing the transaction away from the customer you sneak in and get a referral. Really?! Leave my customer alone. Just because I have to walk away from them does not make them fair game. Its not my fault I am stationed at the drive thru, therefore not standing directly in front of them when I take customers from the line. I swear if it happens again I am calling you out on it and it will not be pretty.

Oh that felt good :) Now if only I could relax until the GTG and not go to job #2. UGH

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My WTF is that in this past week my mom was laid off, my aunt passed away, my grandmother passed away, i cannot afford to fly back for either funeral, my boss is riding my back, i had to pay for new snow tires, and we are supposed to get a foot of snow tonight.  UGH.  TGIF! 
  • edited December 2011
    WTF - I'm nearing the same weight as my husband.  Clearly scale is broken - damn scale.  Can't wait till my belly's too big to see the numbers.
  • edited December 2011
    WTF who is the company that got ahold of my ATM card number and charged over $85 on my ATM card!  THIS sucks!!! Absolutely sucks!

5-10 business days for a new card and have to go to a bank to get a temporary one....also need to change all automatic payments that come from my card.  WTF.
  • Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1st... Shauni.. sorry for the bad luck and best wishes to you and your family. I'm very sorry.

2nd.... No worries Danto... you're pregnant!

My WTF.... Really nobody else in the department could figure out how to put some letters on hockey jerseys. I'm really sick of all my co-workers not trying new things. I'm going to be gone next year, figure it out!
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF- this has been my week!

Thank you to the CFL who doesn't allow players to qualify for any form of disability when they are injured while "working"; then expect players to spend 5-6 hours a day training and rehabing without any sort of income. I love that there are rules in RL and then rules in pro-sports. WTF

And thank you to my divorced parents who have stated that they don't mean to put me in the middle when it comes to wedding etiquette, when they clearly disregard this and do it anyway! Why can't everyone just get along? WTF
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    Danto - I bet you're adorable :) 

So mine is that the scale says I weigh more than my marathoner husband, and I have no bambino to use as an excuse.  AND I work out with a trainer 2x/ week.  WTF. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gabs - sorry!!! Of course sounding offensive was not my intent, and thanks for pointing that out to me. Sometimes the things we think do not sound as well as we intend them too. I will go and edit it I guess since we can do that now.... 

Believe me I do not mean to be offensive, my parents are foreign and always speak to my sister and I in their language. My coworkers just happen to be extremely rude about it and it makes it hard to work with them sometimes. (Its not a language that is a commonly heard foreign language.)

nonetheless - sorry if I offended anyone! My really bad morning just happened to concern that job/those people so I guess my frustration came out a little too strong. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this one!

Earlier this week and the end of last week i approached my boss ASKING her for work. The best thing she could come up with was asking me to try and come up with ideas for a scrapbook page from our department for someone that is retiring. WTF?! The other 2 are sworming in work and I'm twidling my thumbs because you can't just let me help them?? Ugh.
  • edited December 2011
    Arez - Thank you for the edit. Laughing

I think the "edit" feature is my new favorite.

I will delete my previous post as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards