Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

"Modern" Undergarments??

Okay ladies,

My mother and grandmother seem to think I'll need all these various undergarments beneath my wedding dress...  We're getting married in September, so it won't be cold... (so no pantyhose!)  I'm thinking it should be simple - Bra, panties, garter.  My dress is a Natural waisted A-line, so not form fitting past my hip. 

If you have a similar dress silhouette, what are you wearing??

Re: "Modern" Undergarments??

• Options
    I have a natural A-line waisted dress as well.  I am going with a regular strapless bra, panties and a waist cincher (just to smooth out the waist area where it is fitted) ... definately no pantyhose!!!
  • Options
    Mine was a modified a-line (so tighter to the hip and then goes to an a-line shape).  I wore panties and that was it.  The top of my dress was structured enough so no bra was necessary.

• Options
    Mine is an A-line ballgown, I am wearing a longline bra and panties. I think a normal chested person could get away without a bra in mine, but I feel weird w/o one.. I wear a DDD so I feel I need the extra support.
  • Options
    I wore a ball gown and I wore panties.  They were my something blue.  That's all I wore under that bad boy and it was hot enough as it was!  I couldn't imagine putting any more under there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You gals rock!  Thank you!!
  • Options
    My dress is mermaid fit. I'm getting padding put in my dress so I don't have to wear a bra. For underwear I'm prob going to get a cute white panty from Victoria Secret and I might get one of those tummy controls since my dress is tight fitted. I'm not wearing pantyhose.
  • Options
    And of coarse a blue garter for my something blue!
  • Options
    I purchased ivory lacy panties and I am probably going to have cups sewen into the dress- so no bra. We're not doing a garter toss so no need for that either.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi, just wear what you will be the most comfortable in. I can't stand strapless bras, so I am having cups sewn in to just make it feel better.  Also, I plan to wear blue panties... Hanky Panky ones that are blue and have I DO crystals on the side.  Very cute.  You can find them at Nordy's or Neimans if you are interested! They come in blue and white!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just wearing panties. I had cups sewn into my dress so no bra
  • Options
    The word panties gives me the heebie jeebies!! Ick!

Anyways, I plan on wearing a strapless bra, if possible. My dress is sweetheart and my first dress fitting is 3/9, so we'll have to see. Otherwise, just underwear.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

My dress is a a-line/mermaid and I am just a B cup so will skip tthe bra and wear some seamless undies so no lines show and a garter, just cuz my FI wants me to wear one lol.

• Options
    I also had an A-line gown and all I wore under it was my personalized bride boyshorts that said "Mrs. His Last Name". I had cups sewn into the dress so I wouldn't need a bra, and it was so hot under there that I'm so glad that I didn't let the dress shop talk me into a crinoline or slip or any extra un-needed accessories.

Wear what you want under there and that you'll be most comfortable in.
  • Options

Thanks gals!  @mrsryan2012 - love the Hanky Panky panties!  I'll chat with my alterations guru at my first fitting... I'll need something for the girls - no bra just isn't enough support, but cups sewn in could be.  I also like the blue panty or blue garder options... we're not doing a garder toss either, so I'll have to think about my "something blue"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards