Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

How to keep my mom on track with finding her outfit? :(

Hey girls, I'm hoping you have some suggestions for me here as I'm starting to get nervous and frustrated.  Our wedding is less than two months away and from what it sounds my mom has not even started looking for her outfit.  (She's going with a dressy pantsuit, as she has severe back/joint pain and feels more comfortable in pants than a dress.)

A little background:
My mom lives out-of-state and while she comes up once a month to visit her time is occupied caring for my ailing Grandmother :( so there's never any time to go shopping with her.  I reminded her that she should start thinking about her dress about a month ago and she seemed completely caught off-guard - like she hadn't given any thought to it at all.  She hasn't mentioned anything since.  Since then, FMIL purchased her dress, pretty but not ultra-formal, from Macy's.  I sent my mom a link to give her an idea (FMIL said they had some pretty pantsuits) and never got a response.

A large part of the reason I am so nervous is because my mom is quite overweight and because of this I know in-store selection will be limited in her size at most places.  As I would be, she is super super self-conscious about her appearance so I didn't have the heart to remind her of this - but I'm sure the thought hasn't even crossed her mind.  I'm just really worried that she's going to all of a sudden be a week or two away from the wedding and go into stress-out mode searching across the midwest for a suitable pantsuit.

Anybody have any thoughts?  Or going through this themselves?  I feel like I should just let it play out but I also don't want my mom to be sad/unhappy with what she gets stuck wearing. :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards