Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress freakout! LONG sorry, just venting!

OK so I'm freaking out about my dress, I just have to vent!

So about two months ago I ordered my beautiful dress, and the ship date was on July 15.  Plenty of time to get it tailored, if needed, before my Oct 17 wedding.  Fast forward to May 19, I had lap-band surgery done.  I had planned on doing it after the wedding, because I was told by the doc I wouldn't get insurance approval till November.  So I went ahead with the surgery, figuring my results would be about average (a loss of 2-3 lbs a week, and well within the range to be altered)

WRONG!  Its been 2 weeks now and I've lost 3 sizes already, about 35 lbs.  NOT that I'm complaining, I love it - I would just love it more if I hadn't dropped so much money on a dress in a specific size already.  I decided to call the vendor and change the size I ordered - except that would have changed the ship date to Oct 2 - with the wedding being Oct 17.  No way.  The only thing they could do to keep my same ship date is change my dress to a size they had in stock - but the only size they had in stock that MIGHT work is 4 sizes down from where I am now.  I went ahead and changed the order and now I'm freaking out. 

Rationally I think it will probably be ok (the dr says that the loss is going to slow down significantly but I'll be down enough by October) but I am totally freaking out, just hoping I'm not the one random person who like gains it all back or something.  I know I'm gonna be trying it on like every single solitary day until the day it zips comfortably around me lol.

So yeah, thats my freakout in a nutshell, I know there's not much advice to give really I just had to vent!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress freakout! LONG sorry, just venting!

• Everything always works out in the end. You made the decision, so don't look back. I am sure it will be just fine when it comes in with maybe some only minor alterations needed. Those can be done easily with an experienced seamstress. Good luck!
  • Good luck!

Personally i always thought it was easier to alter a dress that is too big than try to cram into one that is too small.
  • Missy - Thanks, I keep telling myself it all will work out too, I'm hoping I can will my positive thoughts into reality lol

Frenchy - I agree 100% and thats why I went ahead with the surgery even tho I had my dress ordered, I was all "oh well I can always take it in" - my seamstress who I've used for years and trust implicitly says that the way teh dress is cut, she'd be able to take it down MAYBE 3 sizes but not more than that... and I lost that in a week.  Thus the freak-age. 

Thanks again for the support though!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • qtrfanqtrfan member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
    From February when she ordered her dress to November when she had the final fitting, my daughter lost over 100 lbs due to gastric bypass.  Her dress went from a 22 down to about an 8, and they were able to fix it. 

Try to get your final fitting as close to the wedding as possible.  My daughter was out of town and her final fitting was about 3 weeks prior to the wedding.  In the last 3 weeks, she lost another 5 or 6 lbs, and the dress was a little too big.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards